Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mopar connect is a mobile app that once registered enables you to unlock/lock doors. Remote start your vehicle from not just 200 feet away but from anywhere! (as long as both the vehicle and phone are connected to a source of wifi) This app even reads your vehicles health! This thing reads error codes from your darts computer! It is an amazing feature to have for any dart owner! Check it Out...

Mobile phone Gadget Communication Device Smartphone Portable communications device Mobile phone Gadget Communication Device Portable communications device Smartphone Mobile phone Gadget Communication Device Portable communications device Smartphone Gadget Smartphone Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile phone Gadget Communication Device Portable communications device Smartphone

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more...
Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definetly! Its compatible with Android, Apple, & Blackberry smart phones.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As soon as its released; The app store! It's a must have if you own a dart

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ok I checked Itunes and its not there yet...something else I got to wait for! HA HA

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
stupid question, does the phone and vehicle have to be connected to wifi to unlock/lock? or is that only for starting the vehicle?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Oh.

The car needs to be connected to wi-fi? That's a BIG limit. As for the phones, does not a phone with a data plan from their service provider work too?

Unless you buy the mopar wifi package and pay another monthly fee. I guess the other option is to setup a wifi hot spot on your phone with your car.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I don't know the tech behind the WiFi package in the Dart, so I don't know if you set up a hotspot on your phone if the Dart can connect to it. I'm assuming it should be able to. If that is the case then the 2 units (phone and Dart) can communicate.

If you didn't buy a mobile hotspot package from your carrier, no worries. Android users can download FoxFi in the Playstore (It's FREE) set up the hotspot and see if the Dart will connect to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would imgaine you would have to have wifi on your dart to be able to do anything from your phone. considering the set-up would work differently from your fobik which uses RF signals. So I would say yes both vehicle and phone would have to be wifi enabled to be able to use mopar connect. ill post more specific info when its available to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would imgaine you would have to have wifi on your dart to be able to do anything from your phone. considering the set-up would work differently from your fobik which uses RF signals. So I would say yes both vehicle and phone would have to be wifi enabled to be able to use mopar connect. ill post more specific info when its available to me.
Actually it would be similar to OnStar (done through telematics).

It carries a subscription to a cell phone carrier's data network, so as long as there's cell signal you can talk to the car. Not much use if it's Wi-Fi only since you can't track the vehicle once it leaves a Wi-Fi zone.

Chrysler did have an old hotspot that used Ev-DO to broadcast Wi-Fi signals in the vehicle: Chrysler's uconnect Turns Car into Wi-Fi Hotspot | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

The new system is probably using this: Home > Autonet Mobile

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm guess I can't post links yet.

Basically this would be done through telematics (like OnStar) and be connected to a Cell Phone network.

This will allow you to interface with the car anywhere there is cell service. Wouldn't make too much sense if it was Wi-Fi only especially for GPS Tracking and such.

Chrysler did have a uConnect Hot Spot option that used Ev-Do Cell service to create a Wi-Fi hot spot in a vehicle, I believe it's now discontinued.

The new system is most likely using Autonet Telematics (As evidenced by screenshots), www[dot]autonetmobile[dot]com

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is interesting! I am going to do some more digging into how this works as well. Thanks Tkyoshi!

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's possible this may be available as a Mopar accessory BUT I believe this may debut first on the 2013 Ram (and will join the Dart later). The Dart is shipping with current Gen uConnect Radios.

Uconnect Access

The Uconnect Media Centers R3 and R4 have a built-in cellular connection (wireless connectivity is supplied by Sprint), allowing UConnect to finally match OnStar’s emergency response button; hence the new “911” button on the rearview mirror.

Ram truck owners will be able to use select, certified in-vehicle applications as well; they will be controlled with voice recognition or steering wheel controls. One built-in program lets customers get vehicle health reports and remotely lock or unlock truck doors, start the vehicle, or flash lights via the Web or a smartphone.
Source: www[dot]allpar.com/corporate/tech/uconnect.html

Sorry still can't post links :(

The app is Autonet Carkey:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it will debut with the Ram and next Gen uConnect first and cascade down to the Dart next year. It may be available as an accessory from Mopar. Unfortunately I wouldn't be suprised if Canada gets the shaft on this for now as they probably haven't worked out cell service agreements yet.

Uconnect Access

The Uconnect Media Centers R3 and R4 have a built-in cellular connection (wireless connectivity is supplied by Sprint), allowing UConnect to finally match OnStar’s emergency response button; hence the new “911” button on the rearview mirror.

Ram truck owners will be able to use select, certified in-vehicle applications as well; they will be controlled with voice recognition or steering wheel controls. One built-in program lets customers get vehicle health reports and remotely lock or unlock truck doors, start the vehicle, or flash lights via the Web or a smartphone.
Source: www[dot]allpar.com/corporate/tech/uconnect.html - Sorry Still can't post links

The application looks to be based off Autonet Mobile Carkey.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's actually through autonet itself. Mconnect is essentially autonet. This will be available on dart first. I have already seen this first hand. Chrysler is basically waiting for the release of their R/T Trim before they bring out the big guns like mopar connect.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts