1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
already ordered, review will commence once received and installation the following weekend or whatever days off I have next from work.

Thanks for making the community aware this morning @Bullfrog... :)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Finally! I've ordered from Rockauto before. I was gunna look around town for these but never got around to it. I'll be ordering a pair soon enough.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Tried to order just the rear end links this morning from Rock Auto... After confirmation, I got both an email and a phone call stating that the rears are now out of stock.... I will call Rock Auto in the morning and see what lead time is for more of them. The fronts are still in stock tho

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
moog rear.JPG

Looks like RockAuto has pulled the rear Moogs off their website for the time being. I'll try and update accordingly to see if/when they do put them back on the site for sale.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
So, I have done a bit of research on these Moog end links... here's what I found.

I contacted RockAuto, they told me they do not do back orders and they do not contact manufacturers for lead times for parts. So, they have no idea when they will have more of these in stock...

I then did some internet research on the part numbers for the left and right rear end links.

The only thing that came up were RockAuto, O'Reilleys and Moog themselves. I emailed Moog directly about a week ago and have not heard anything back from them.

I then contacted my local O'Reilleys. They had to contact their central hub and find out what the lead time and what their pricing is. I got a call back today, they told me that normally it would take 5-7 days for them to get the end links in... then they proceeded to tell me that there is nothing in their warehouse either... the guy I was talking to said that the only times he has ever seen things completely disappear this quickly is either when they are recalled by the manufacturer... or when they completely remove the part from their build list and stop making it shook together.

As Moog still has the parts on their website I am leaning towards a recall on the rear end links... @youngsmith53 and anyone else who has these end links, be careful and make sure to inspect these as best as possible before you install! (I know YS will)

The guy from O'Reilleys told me that he had a couple places that he could call and was going to call and he was gonna let me know tomorrow about if these things are either recalled or gone or just need to have more manufactured. I will post more news when I have it!

Sent using a rotary phone

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
@Exitus04 thanks for the investigative work. As far as removing them from RockAuto and or from other places around the net because of a "recall", that is not the case. From what I have learned with how Federal Mogul works is they will release small batches to test the market out and then proceed from there. When I obtained the front MOOG end links they were only on eBay and not on RockAuto, nor were they were on the Federal Mogul site. When the rears were going through their paces on being manufactured the K750697 & K750696 part numbers would come and go from the Federal Mogul site as well as the RockAuto site.

I don't think we have anything to worry about a "recall" as that term gets thrown around so often anymore that it's all but lost it's meaning. The K750697 & K750696 will be inspected and put through their typical pre-install routines and greased up with the grease gun after a pre-loaded installation on the Progress 19mm sway bar. All will be well and the last thing we need is to create a "chicken little" crisis over a part that has been out for less than two weeks...

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
@Exitus04 thanks for the investigative work. As far as removing them from RockAuto and or from other places around the net because of a "recall", that is not the case. From what I have learned with how Federal Mogul works is they will release small batches to test the market out and then proceed from there. When I obtained the front MOOG end links they were only on eBay and not on RockAuto, nor were they were on the Federal Mogul site. When the rears were going through their paces on being manufactured the K750697 & K750696 part numbers would come and go from the Federal Mogul site as well as the RockAuto site.

I don't think we have anything to worry about a "recall" as that term gets thrown around so often anymore that it's all but lost it's meaning. The K750697 & K750696 will be inspected and put through their typical pre-install routines and greased up with the grease gun after a pre-loaded installation on the Progress 19mm sway bar. All will be well and the last thing we need is to create a "chicken little" crisis over a part that has been out for less than two weeks...
Good to know Mr. YS! I didnt mean to start the "chicken little" crisis as I was just relaying info from the dudes at O-O-O-O'REILLEYS! ;). But Im glad that you happen to have a little more insight to this "situation" (if it can be called that)... I just hope that with how quickly that these end link were bought up that Moog decides to make more of them! It would be a real shame to see if they end up not making more if they feel as though the market is not there for them :( as I hope and think that this is not the case, maybe when I talk to the guy again he will have a little more info on either when or where we may be able to get these soon!

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Way to rub it in...

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Glad I got mine, can't wait to get the sway bar installed.

Damnit! Where'd you find those rears? Rock was out of stock when I ordered my fronts!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts