Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm not sure if there was any interest, but I did make a few harnesses. If you take a look at the mopar kit instructions, this setup would eliminate steps 3 all the way through 23. That's over half the install.

Another tip for anyone doing their fog lights, don't do step 27. This panel is made of fiberglass and itches like crazy. Instead, remove only the front (7) 10mm bolts. These 7 hold the plastic panel as well. Then once you removed the other bolts holding the front panel, flex it toward the back slightly and pry it from the front to get the front side of the panel out from the bumper lip. Finally, you just slide the panel forward to gain access to all the install locations with the fiberglass panel in place.

Removing one less panel reduces the install time as well; more importantly though, it keeps you from becoming really itchy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm not sure if there was any interest, but I did make a few harnesses. If you take a look at the mopar kit instructions, this setup would eliminate steps 3 all the way through 23. That's over half the install. Another tip for anyone doing their fog lights, don't do step 27. This panel is made of fiberglass and itches like crazy. Instead, remove only the front (7) 10mm bolts. These 7 hold the plastic panel as well. Then once you removed the other bolts holding the front panel, flex it toward the back slightly and pry it from the front to get the front side of the panel out from the bumper lip. Finally, you just slide the panel forward to gain access to all the install locations with the fiberglass panel in place. Removing one less panel reduces the install time as well; more importantly though, it keeps you from becoming really itchy.
So how much are you looking to get for your harnesses? And then with your harness all that is needed are the fogs, surrounding trim pieces and a proxi?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So how much are you looking to get for your harnesses? And then with your harness all that is needed are the fogs, surrounding trim pieces and a proxi?
With this harness you need the fog lamps, bezel (surrounding trim), a new headlight switch with the fog light button, and a proxi.

If you take a look at the mopar instructions. This harness would be "D" and "C" would no longer be necessary.

·
Registered
320 Posts
@Cean, now that I am actually getting around to installing this, LOL, is that connector in the engine compartment, and if so, where?

TIA for youre info...

j

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. The connector is in the engine compartment attached the bottom of the drivers headlight. You will have to take the appearance panels off to install the fog lights and will have access from there. There is also a bolt fairly close by to install the ground.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Digging up an old thread here- but you seem to have some good info.
I am looking to add an LED light bar that turns on with the factory fog lights on my dad's 2013 GT. His car already has fogs, so I would like to tap a +12v wire from that stock existing system to trigger a relay and run the new light bar.

Do you have any recommendation for an easy place to pick up that +12v? I would like to keep all the wiring under the hood instead of passing through the firewall. I have been unable to find any wiring diagrams and your photobucket pics from the first post are MIA.

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
@Cntrollerfanboy or another mod. Can you replace the original post content with the last post? I uploaded all the images to imgur. Although, I think the forum automatically stores the linked images now. I don't think it allows me to edit such an old post.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
@Cntrollerfanboy or another mod. Can you replace the original post content with the last post? I uploaded all the images to imgur. Although, I think the forum automatically stores the linked images now. I don't think it allows me to edit such an old post.

Thanks
This should be done. Looks good on my end and pulled up an incognito window without me logged in or cached images, and it looks like they are all loading now :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just finished installed my fog light kit today. I purchased the Mopar Fog Light kit from my dealer for $200 plus tax. When I was going through the install the instructions told me to put the wiring harness provided through the grommet in the firewall and remove the existing terminals in the BCM connector. Upon finding out that the terminals were already there I decided to take a look at the wiring diagram.

I found that the wiring already goes from the BCM to the engine bay, into the front-end module connector. So instead of cutting my grommet and removing the terminals in the BCM connector, plus having extra wiring hanging there; I decided to crimp the correct terminals onto the wiring and insert them into the male front-end module connector.

Here's some pics:
Install fog light kit wiring.

Original connector from Mopar.

Female front-end module connector. As you can see the wiring comes to here (White-Yellow and White-Orange)

Male front-end module connector with Terminal Plugs

Terminal Plugs.

Male front-end module connector without Terminal Plugs (Back and Front {Blue Spacer Removed})

Modified Mopar wiring harness.

Male front-end module connector with new harness.

Front-end module connector complete.

Ground wire.

Extra wiring harness that was supposed to be fed through the firewall.

Let me know what you think. I have most of materials to make the complete harness. Depending on the interest, I may become a vendor and sell them.
Benefits include:
  • Not having to cut the firewall grommet
  • Less install time
  • Closer to factory install
  • Ability to purchase fog lights anywhere (junkyard or ebay)
  • Not having two loose wires next to the BCM
Do you have any of these available stills?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts