Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a dart 1.4l turbo, I'm trying everything to see what's wrong with it. Was getting code p0016, now I'm getting other codes to do with vacuum leak and something and p0354 andp0353. I had to change crumbling connectors as well as valve cover gaskets. Now I have very little acceleration, my low oil pressure sensor light is on as well as damaged wires from oil temp sensor. Can't restore acceleration. Trying to tackle one thing at a time. Also broke tip of vacuum pump connector. Replaced it also. Dealer said the cost to break the engine down would be more than the car is worth. Can you help me out on this one? If fix works, I'll be happy to pay you for the advice. Thx

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
What year Dart? Which trans? How many miles? If more than 100k, the P0016 could be the timing belt. Have you replaced the coils? The oil pump is external on the 1.4 just behind the crankshaft sprocket. If you do it all yourself, it won't cost more than the car is worth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The year is 2013 dodge dart 1.4l turbo. Now constantly missfiring going up hill. Very low acceleration. P0353 and P0354 are for the coil circuits

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
You should not be driving it if it's misfiring. Unburned fuel is washing the oil off the cylinder walls possibly causing piston ring and cylinder wear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, found out. The engine died on me. Wondering if the engine is gone. Only 98,000 miles. Had it for only close to 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts