Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that we have some military personnel on here. Please use this thread to post up what branch, how many years, status, and where you are stationed.

I am a Coast Guard veteran who served for 10 years and honorably discharged. I am a Cutterman, and Coxswain. I also was a Boatswains Mate Second Class(E-5). Served on two 378s, an MSST(plank owner), and a small boat station.

I want to thank all those who continue to stand the watch and defend our freedom.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
United States Air Force, 1981-1988
I was an avionics technician on the F-111F and A models
:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been active duty in the Air Force for 7 years now. I used to be weather but now i'm cross training into the medical world. I'm currently in the San Antonio area but will be moving to the Vegas area in a few months.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Over 13 years with the US Army! I didn't retire but I was honorably discharged and Uncle Sam always remembers me on the 1st of the month. I was a 12B (Combat Engineer) and an 18C (Engineer Sergeant). I did the whole paratrooper, jumpmaster, HALO thing...I just love to jump outta airplanes! I spent a lot of my time overseas (stationed in Germany a lot) but also stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC and Ft Carson, CO.

My wife was also in the Army to but she was just a dirty-nasty L.E.G. but I still love here!

Currently I still work for the Army as one of those fat, lazy civie types. :) (I am neither fat or lazy) But I do get to support Soldiers daily. I can't think of a better job to do!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am retierd Army. I spent 20 years as a Infantryman 11B. Thankfully I have been to pretty much all those places you would never want to go . They never seem to want to fight in any vacaation spots, lol. My hats off to the men and women still serving they have it a lot harder then I did in some ways. It i s a lo tharder to buidl the peace than it is to win the war and that is what they have ahd to do since I retired.

·
Registered
822 Posts
did 3 yrs in the California Army National Guard with the 1/144 FA FSC, did 1 year active with the 11th ACR, and am presently the motor NCO for the 201st PAOC while i await an upcoming deployment. I just past the 5yr mark.
I'm a 92B (wheel mechanic) and a 13B (artillery).

"Whatever doesn't kill me....had better start running" :haha:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did 3 yrs in the California Army National Guard with the 1/144 FA FSC, did 1 year active with the 11th ACR, and am presently the motor NCO for the 201st PAOC while i await an upcoming deployment. I just past the 5yr mark.
I'm a 92B (wheel mechanic) and a 13B (artillery).

"Whatever doesn't kill me....had better start running" :haha:
What is a wheel mechanic?

·
Registered
31 Posts
My husband was in the Marines from '05-'09. We were stationed in Jacksonville, NC the entire time and he was a tow gunner - 0352.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting statement....Only Marines can make fun of the Coast Guard without a Coastie getting made. A Coastie is the only one who can make fun of Marines without being threatened by the Marine. It is because of one famous Coastie, Douglas Munro, that this is true.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Never understood why the armed services always have to compete to see who the bigger douche is. I love you guys and thank you for your service but I just don't get it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Served 5.5 years in US ARMY in the Signal Corps. Did 1 tour in Iraq from 2003-2004. Unfortunately I got out due to medical reasons, but it saved from multiple deployments. I have so much respect for the others that have done 4-5 deployments now. Now I work for Law Enforcement as a Dispatch Supervisor. Just want to saw thanks to all our men and women who serve as military or police officers.
And as far as which branch is best. Go ARMY :smile:

1 - 20 of 338 Posts