Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L rallye.
Recently Ive been hearing this loud metal tap sound coming from the front wheel. Possibly the passenger side. Randomly my wife was video taping the sky on her phone while I was backing out of the driveway and was able to get a recording of how it sounds.
Anyone had the same issue? Or knows what needs to be replaced or checked?

it only occurs randomly but lately becoming more often. Coming from a fullstop. When i go in the morning and also from the parking lot from work going home i would be anticipating that sound. Sometimes i would hear it and even one time there is this random person walking and heard it as i was leaving the parking lot and started looking at my front wheel passenger side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m not sure what it is but I have that same problem with my rear driver wheel. I used to have a clicking noise in my front when I turned but I replaced the front axel which is actually really easy to do, the front clicking sound went away. I’m still figuring out the back clicking/metal tapping sound.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a similar sound when car was in movement and more so stopping and go. Turned out my wheel bolts were actually loose on front passenger side. I torqued it to specification and sound went away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts