Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having the issue for a while that my fob won't unlock my car. No problem because I have the key inside my fob to unlock my door. However my alarm will start going off. Once I put the fob in it stops and the car will start. Within the last few days my car has straight up cut off on me, wouldn't start back up (even though I have a good battery in the car and a new battery in my fob), and I wasn't able to get my key out of my ignition. Randomly started probably 10 minutes later with no problems. Driving home the other day an my tire sensor lit up and so did my anti theft light on my dash. I pulled over and turned of the car only for it to not start. Need I note I do NOT have a "check engine" light on or the battery light.

With all of these things going on I've done the following:
-get a new battery for my key fob
-check my battery, alternator, and starter (they're all fine)
-unhooked my battery for 15+ minutes to give my car a "reset"
-unhooked the fuse for the horn (mainly because my alarm wouldn't go off but it seemed to work once)
-touched the positive and negative wires from my battery to reset my anti theft system.

I want to say it's that I need a new key fob but I've never had these kinds of issues before. If anyone knows how to help it would be appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've been having the issue for a while that my fob won't unlock my car. No problem because I have the key inside my fob to unlock my door. However my alarm will start going off. Once I put the fob in it stops and the car will start. Within the last few days my car has straight up cut off on me, wouldn't start back up (even though I have a good battery in the car and a new battery in my fob), and I wasn't able to get my key out of my ignition. Randomly started probably 10 minutes later with no problems. Driving home the other day an my tire sensor lit up and so did my anti theft light on my dash. I pulled over and turned of the car only for it to not start. Need I note I do NOT have a "check engine" light on or the battery light.

-unhooked the fuse for the horn (mainly because my alarm wouldn't go off but it seemed to work once)
-touched the positive and negative wires from my battery to reset my anti theft system.

I want to say it's that I need a new key fob but I've never had these kinds of issues before. If anyone knows how to help it would be appreciated
Idk about the fob, but I had a problem with my 13 that made the battery run out of juice constantly and the dealer couldn’t find it because it wasn’t “throwing a code”. (They thought I was forgetting to turn off my headlights)
Thru lots of research, found the problem to be a faulty dash/interior light dial (the ones to the left of the steering wheel that scroll up and down). It was still telling the battery the interior lights were on, apparently, even when they were not. Hubby had to do the research and even then, had a hard time convincing them. Second Dealer (not the one I purchased from ) finally concented to putting in a new dial and it suddenly was solved.

·
Registered
22 Posts

It's crazy because as I'm reading your post I'm chuckling inside because I have gone through the exact same thing with my 2016 Dodge dart 6-speed and now it's just comical because my car's been sitting in my driveway for the last 6 months because this is the third clutch that I put in it in the last 6 months and has nothing to do with the way that I drive my car because I know my car inside and out get rid of the dark that's what I have to say just get rid of the dart it's like clockwork everything that you're describing I've been through and everything that I've been through after that you will go through it's the dark get rid of it

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's crazy because as I'm reading your post I'm chuckling inside because I have gone through the exact same thing with my 2016 Dodge dart 6-speed and now it's just comical because my car's been sitting in my driveway for the last 6 months because this is the third clutch that I put in it in the last 6 months and has nothing to do with the way that I drive my car because I know my car inside and out get rid of the dark that's what I have to say just get rid of the dart it's like clockwork everything that you're describing I've been through and everything that I've been through after that you will go through it's the dark get rid of it
And as far as your key fob goes you can spend hundreds of dollars I did it and you're going to have the same problem about 2 weeks later your key fobs going to do the same thing

·
Registered
22 Posts
And as far as your key fob goes you can spend hundreds of dollars I did it and you're going to have the same problem about 2 weeks later your key fobs going to do the same thing
Get rid of it while you can before you can't 6 months my car's been sitting in my driveway I can't find a clutch anywhere they're all out of stock unless I want to spend over $1,000 and I won't do it so it sits

·
Registered
22 Posts
Get rid of it while you can before you can't 6 months my car's been sitting in my driveway I can't find a clutch anywhere they're all out of stock unless I want to spend over $1,000 and I won't do it so it sits
What I've learned about the Dodge dart is it literally is like clockwork it's not just something that oops this broke on something somebody's car or this broke on another person's card no the exact same thing happens like clockwork with the darts get rid of it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Idk about the fob, but I had a problem with my 13 that made the battery run out of juice constantly and the dealer couldn’t find it because it wasn’t “throwing a code”. (They thought I was forgetting to turn off my headlights)
Thru lots of research, found the problem to be a faulty dash/interior light dial (the ones to the left of the steering wheel that scroll up and down). It was still telling the battery the interior lights were on, apparently, even when they were not. Hubby had to do the research and even then, had a hard time convincing them. Second Dealer (not the one I purchased from ) finally concented to putting in a new dial and it suddenly was solved.
My battery is fine and is reading a great charge. I'm having issues with my anti theft system locking me out of my car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts