Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the maximum width for rims you can use on a dodge dart? I wanna get a set of 17x9. Can I do this with spacers?

The specs for the rims I wanna use are: 17X9 +20 STR 522 5X114.3 WHEEL AGGRESSIVE CONCAVE 5X4.5 STANCE RIMS

With spacers and a new bolt pattern these should fit right?

Appreciate any input

·
Registered
489 Posts
If your offset and backspacing are good then you should be fine. Make sure your intended tire will fit. I'm running 255/35/18 on Dart GTs, lowered on Eibach Pros with no issues at all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
If you want to go with a +20, you will probably have to go with spacers. I would use a 20mm spacer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You might want to revisit your lug pattern though. I'm pretty sure the dart uses a 5x100mm lug pattern and not a 5x114 pattern unless you plan on using an adapter to change lug patterns.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might want to revisit your lug pattern though. I'm pretty sure the dart uses a 5x100mm lug pattern and not a 5x114 pattern unless you plan on using an adapter to change lug patterns.
right. I would be using an adapter

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
If your offset and backspacing are good then you should be fine. Make sure your intended tire will fit. I'm running 255/35/18 on Dart GTs, lowered on Eibach Pros with no issues at all. Hope this helps.
You got a picture of your tires on your rims? Does the tire stick out past the rim quite a bit?

·
Registered
312 Posts
The lower the positive offset, the further away it is from the suspension. I would get a rim in the +38 to +40 range and use spacers if you need to.

Adding a 20mm spacer to a +20 offset will make it a zero offset.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
I thought rims for the dart needed to be at least +46 offset to clear the calipers correctly...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I thought rims for the dart needed to be at least +46 offset to clear the calipers correctly...
I have seen its recommended +35-45 offset...
I just ordered rims with a +42 so I can give more info once its here..

Width is only 7.5.. So can't help with thread

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
I have seen its recommended +35-45 offset...
I just ordered rims with a +42 so I can give more info once its here..

Width is only 7.5.. So can't help with thread
That would be great! im really not interested in wider tires and rims... theres not point no one on this forum has enough powah to constantly break loose to the point where wider tires are necessary... But please let me know how it works for ya!

·
Registered
312 Posts
A rim with a +40 offset will have more clearance away from the caliper than the same rim with a +46 offset, 6mm to be exact. The lower the positive offset, the more the rim moves outwards. Adding spacers, lowers the positive offset number.

Also, you can have a ton more clearance just by the design of the spokes.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
A rim with a +40 offset will have more clearance away from the caliper than the same rim with a +46 offset, 6mm to be exact. The lower the positive offset, the more the rim moves outwards. Adding spacers, lowers the positive offset number.

Also, you can have a ton more clearance just by the design of the spokes.
OOOOOOOOO ok, i guess im thinking about it backwards! i would assume that adding spacers increases the offset! SO what your really trying to say, is that if the rims are hella negative spacers are necessary and if i find ones that are between +36 and +45 i should be good?

·
Registered
312 Posts
OOOOOOOOO ok, i guess im thinking about it backwards! i would assume that adding spacers increases the offset! SO what your really trying to say, is that if the rims are hella negative spacers are necessary and if i find ones that are between +36 and +45 i should be good?
Well, adding spacers does increase the offset. Just that it counts down to zero before counting up lol.

And if you went with a rim with a +46 offset, you could always add spacers to push the rim out if it didn't clear the suspension or brake parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can't view the pictures either...I get the "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" notification.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
ok, try it now
It works now, I can see the pics.

Just as I expected, it looks just like my previous vehicle. I was running 235's KDW's on a rim that had 215's stock. Thanks for the info, I was looking to see what the maximum tire width would be on the GT rim.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts