Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Map sensor on these cars act like a mass air flow on other cars. my car does not burn oil and recently pulled sensor and sensor itself had oil on it. sprayed with contact cleaner and plugged it back in and all i can say is wow did it wake the car up. i was dealing with a lean mixture and lack of power but car seemed to run ok and no light but after cleaning the map sensor and driving a bit to allow computer to relearn wow its like a new car. For those who like to try this, DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE BRAKE CLEAN OR CARB CLEAN ANY HIGHLY ABRASIVE CHEMICALS IT WILL DAMAGE THE SENSOR
rubbing alcohol or contact cleaner or mass air flow cleaner are best preferably the mass air flow cleaner or contact cleaner cuz they dont leave a residue. The sensor is located on intake manifold in the back. it can be reached by removing intake tubing. 1 simple plug and turn the sensor 90 degrees to the back and it will pull out, no tools needed besides pulling intake tubing off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U can use any electical contact cleaner or mass air flow cleaner but do not use a throttle body cleaner carb cleaner or brake cleaner. these chemicals are harsh and will ruin the sensor. u can get a can of contact cleaner from walmart in automotive for a few dollars. they have videos on youtube about howto remove ur map sensor. it be more clear if u seen the video yourself

·
Registered
1 Posts
U can use any electical contact cleaner or mass air flow cleaner but do not use a throttle body cleaner carb cleaner or brake cleaner. these chemicals are harsh and will ruin the sensor. u can get a can of contact cleaner from walmart in automotive for a few dollars. they have videos on youtube about howto remove ur map sensor. it be more clear if u seen the video yourself
Do you have a video I could watch? I can’t find anything on it

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theirs one on youtube with the engine removed thats what i used to help me find it ill post the link

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice! I might have to do this. I actually think I threw a lean code a couple of months ago and it hasn't come back yet since I cleared it. Might have to see if this guy is dirty. I had leaked a little oil from my oil/air separator a while back and now it's gotten a vacuum pump oil leak that I haven't taken care of yet. So many things to do :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
People have issues with oil consumption on these 2.4 engines. i dont and im at 53 thousand now but im thinking it got dirty from running a intake cleaner through the lines and it coated the sensor. For those that do burn oil i would recomend doing it every oil change to be safe or every 3000 miles depending on oil consumption rate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts