Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My malfunction dummy light is on and my car won’t stay on when I remote start it

·
Super Moderator
4,769 Posts
My malfunction dummy light is on and my car won’t stay on when I remote start it
This is true. If there is a check engine light, the car will not stay auto started. This is a safety feature in case there really is an engine issue. Just imagine auto starting your car from an office building, not being able to hear it, and when it starts it's grinding and making all sorts of noises. Then kills itself because you did not turn it off.

Although usually the CEL on this car is something dumb. It might be the U1504 code which happens when you disconnect the battery and has no relations to an engine issue. It could be your active grill shutters are malfunctioning -the motor might have gone out or something is stuck in the shutters. Also not engine related but will set the code. Maybe it's your thermostat, which actually is really common on the 2.4 and maybe the 2.0 engines as well (same part). That would be a valid code, but it's also a royal pain to do, and as I mentioned, really common.

Go to a parts store and have them scan it and get the codes. Then report back and we can help you out based on what it is. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts