Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have access to Tech Connect and many Chrysler tools and diagnostic equipment at work I thought I would start a thread letting anyone know that if they need help with proper maintenance procedures, fluid specifications, part numbers etc that I would be more than happy to assist!

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
We really appreciate it! The one thing this site needed was more technical info for us DIY'ers. :)

So........how do you adjust the hand brake? I feel mine engages the second you start to lift it and I have found with my VW that when the brakes get hot the handbrake can start to engage if it is adjust like this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We really appreciate it! The one thing this site needed was more technical info for us DIY'ers. :)

So........how do you adjust the hand brake? I feel mine engages the second you start to lift it and I have found with my VW that when the brakes get hot the handbrake can start to engage if it is adjust like this.
Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 8.49.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 8.50.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 8.50.46 PM.png

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How about clutch bleed procedure? There was talk in other forums that there wasn't even a bleeder valve.
Dart Clutch Bleed .1.png

Dart Clutch Blled 1.png

Dart Clutch Bleed 3.png

The last step which wouldn't fit and is pretty obvious it just to check the fluid level after completion.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Here's one for you. Proper procedure for servicing the DDCT reservoir and the proper fluid. The reservoir has MIN & MAX markers on it. Is it serviced hot or cold? How much fluid required?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I apologize I haven't been active on the forum lately due to time constraints but anyone still looking for repair procedures can PM me to receive a response

·
Registered
74 Posts
heres one for you , my 2013 dart rallye just turned 26 thousand miles , and the continental tires are done all 4 are down to the wear bars, dealer says tough shit!! they are factory tires no warrenty, what bothers me is I can't find anything but v rated tire for it, hence performance tires I want to get away from that as you get no millage out of the because of soft rubber compound! so I will never buy another continental tire and because of this I am going to put the cheapest tire I can find and peddle the dart off and find a good used dakota extended cab truck and that wil end that , and no more 17'' tires for this boy period atleast 15 inch tire are resonably priced

·
Registered
133 Posts
heres one for you , my 2013 dart rallye just turned 26 thousand miles , and the continental tires are done all 4 are down to the wear bars, dealer says tough shit!! they are factory tires no warrenty, what bothers me is I can't find anything but v rated tire for it, hence performance tires I want to get away from that as you get no millage out of the because of soft rubber compound! so I will never buy another continental tire and because of this I am going to put the cheapest tire I can find and peddle the dart off and find a good used dakota extended cab truck and that wil end that , and no more 17'' tires for this boy period atleast 15 inch tire are resonably priced
Dump the Dart over tires? A bit extreme don't you think? I got 17k on my Dodge Grand Caravan my wife drives and the two front tires are almost done (yes they were rotated at oil change but I now understand that must be done every 5k on those vehicles due to weight). Tires wear, like brakes, fact of life.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
What does this post have to do with requesting maintenance proceedures?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts