Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Introducing the new MADNESS MAXPower ECM!

The MADNESS MAXPower ECM has two versions, one with bluetooth and another without. The MADNESS MAXPower ECM with bluetooth has the ability to change to four different modes: Eco, Sport, Sport+, and off.

- ECO Mode: Slightly higher torque in the lower speed range allowing your vehicle to achieve improved fuel economy.

- Sport Mode: The power of your vehicle is further raised giving a noticeable increase in overall performance.

- Sport Plus Mode: Power is increased to the maximum safe limit giving a big power and torque increase for use on track days or special events where the highest output from the engine is required.

- On / Off: Enable or disable the MAXPower ECM. With just one click, your vehicle is in factory mode.

The MADNESS MAXPower ECM with bluetooth also comes with the "Cold Start Timer" feature, which allows the user to set in a pre-determined delay when the engine is first started delaying the tuning module from giving increased performance until the engine has reached a safe running temperature.

Direct Product Link:
http://dartmadness.com/shop/index.p...ne+control+module&category_id=0&Submit=Search

Please let us know if you have any more questions!

For now here is a review of the MAXPower ECM on the Abarth by a pleased customer:
13Ahbart said:
Sorry if this is jumbled, but I'm halfway through GoT season finale and a black Manhattan... but I have had mine for about a month now and it's been amazing. The beauty is you can dial up or down the performance level to your liking very easily especially with the Bluetooth feature. 99% of my driving is in traffic so eco mode for both the ECM and the Go Pedal with the sport button off is the norm. I can hyper-mile along with the rest of the Pre-eye surrounding me. You can get the car rolling with very few RPMs and not raise any eyebrows. Boost, not even registering on the gauge. I average 14mph and 22 mpg and have for the last few years. See an opportunity to give it the beans? Sport button in all the eco modes will get you caught up to that next car. However, every so often there is a break in the "clouds". The zombie drivers wishing for the day when their Google Pod can drive for them are nowhere to be seen. This is when this whole kit really comes alive. I double check the stock "temp gauge" and if it thinks things are warmed up..then it's ON! Sport Plus on the ECM app, Go Pedal to RED with 3 extra green lights, sport button on, ESC off (if it's safe) and now I have to have two hands on the wheel (or at least my elbows off the arm rests)! It helps if the windows and top are down, as the drama is 50% of what makes this thing "feel" fast. It is Italian after all. The demons inside this thing are unleashed to it's fullest potential. The boost gauge goes form 0 to 20 something in a blink, the revs go to redline way quicker than before, the gas pedal is now a hair trigger in the hands of a toddler... this thing now commands some respect, it's awesome. I have the Madness stage 2 power pack, so a BMC intake, go-pedal, ECM, and whoosh noise maker for fun. I have had this car almost 3 years, and wish I would have done these mods sooner. I just picked up a Golf R to replace the Mrs. old ride ('06 scion Xb) and it stays in the driveway on the weekends because this Abarth is more fun and honestly feels quicker even though I'm certain it is not. Keep up the great work 500 Madness. Enjoy your new toy and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Call me crazy or just blind, but I don't see any dynos. I'd love to see the performance gains vs stock, and compare to a handheld tune. Considering the price is close to the same, seeing dynos between others will be the deciding factor.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
i didnt open the links, guess they dont have any testimonials from a dart owner? testimonial from an abarth owner means nothing, especially when the abarth owner raves about the Go Pedal :haha: looks like a failed marketing attempt to me...

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts
i didnt open the links, guess they dont have any testimonials from a dart owner? testimonial from an abarth owner means nothing, especially when the abarth owner raves about the Go Pedal :haha: looks like a failed marketing attempt to me...
That's the problem with brand new products that nobody owns: there's nobody to tell the world how good/bad they might be. There's a price to being an early adopter. Anybody with a 2013 Dart knows this. :)

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
That's the problem with brand new products that nobody owns: there's nobody to tell the world how good/bad they might be. There's a price to being an early adopter. Anybody with a 2013 Dart knows this. :)
other vendors that we wont name does beta testing with dart owners for months before they release a new product, like a tuner. im assuming madness does this too, but its odd that they dont have a dart testimonial or two ready to go at new product launch.

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Call me crazy or just blind, but I don't see any dynos. I'd love to see the performance gains vs stock, and compare to a handheld tune like the one from HPSI. Considering the price is about the same, seeing dynos between the two will be the deciding factor.

EDIT: Actually the handheld tune is more expensive, my bad. But still.
Hi there,

Joseph (Sales Manger) here to help shed some light on this here for you. Currently I don't happen to have any Dyno results for the Dart however we do have Dyno results for the Abarth in which we can post up here in this thread shortly simply as a reference tool for you.

When dealing with the same power plant one can usually see the reason why we've included that review here in this thread. If you don't feel that there happens to any connection between the 2 cars which share numerous other performance parts than I apologize that this review was not beneficial for you. What wasn't mentioned at all in some of these replies is in my eyes the most important part of this offering besides the performance aspect and that is the following -

"We guarantee that our MAXPower ECM will outperform all other ECMs on the market in power delivery, drivability, features and reliability or your money back! Order it, install it and use it for up to 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied return it for a refund. It is that simple! Just call us first if you are not fully satisfied with the unit so we can assist you in the return process directions."

For those that might have any doubts etc about the MAXPower simply try it out. In my eyes that's one of the strongest statements that can made especially in this world of aftermarket parts and accessories.

I'm rarely on the forums but if anyone happens to have any questions or would like further details please don't hesitate to call us up here at the shop 562-981-6800 and myself or any one of my guys will be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you,

Joseph
Sales Manager
MADNESS Autoworks
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Hi there,

Joseph (Sales Manger) here to help shed some light on this here for you. Currently I don't happen to have any Dyno results for the Dart however we do have Dyno results for the Abarth in which we can post up here in this thread shortly simply as a reference tool for you.

When dealing with the same power plant one can usually see the reason why we've included that review here in this thread. If you don't feel that there happens to any connection between the 2 cars which share numerous other performance parts than I apologize that this review was not beneficial for you. What wasn't mentioned at all in some of these replies is in my eyes the most important part of this offering besides the performance aspect and that is the following -

"We guarantee that our MAXPower ECM will outperform all other ECMs on the market in power delivery, drivability, features and reliability or your money back! Order it, install it and use it for up to 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied return it for a refund. It is that simple! Just call us first if you are not fully satisfied with the unit so we can assist you in the return process directions."

For those that might have any doubts etc about the MAXPower simply try it out. In my eyes that's one of the strongest statements that can made especially in this world of aftermarket parts and accessories.

I'm rarely on the forums but if anyone happens to have any questions or would like further details please don't hesitate to call us up here at the shop 562-981-6800 and myself or any one of my guys will be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you,

Joseph
Sales Manager
MADNESS Autoworks
[email protected]

joseph, thank you for taking the time to come on this forum and support the dart community with your products and services. we do appreciate your time and efforts as other vendors have recently unfortunately decided that the dart platform is no longer in their best interests. we are happy to have you, please know that...

regarding the abarth 1.4T and dart 1.4T... yes same engine, but completely different cars. if you are able to provide testimonials from dart owners who have assisted you with beta testing, its my opinion that you will have a much better chance of drumming up some sales.

lastly, I was politely trying to let you know that another supporting vendor that is highly respected and regarding in the dart community is offering a handheld tuner for only a few dollars more. we have members who have purchased both styles of tuners, but i am on the side of the fence that if pricing is nearly equal between the two, the handheld customizable tuner will be offer more value.

we appreciate your comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Similar powerplant, but different ECU and completely different power output between them.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
That truly is one impressive guarantee. Glad to see another option on the market.

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Similar powerplant, but different ECU and completely different power output between them.
The Abarth and the 1.4T Dart have a lot more in common than what most people think. They not only have the same powerplant but also the same Magnetti Marelli ecu. The different power output is merely a tuning difference between the two, and that is where the MADNESS MAXPower comes in. I understand however that Abarth testimonies are worth nothing to some dart owners, so as soon as I get a review from a dart owner, I will post it up. Thank you!

That truly is one impressive guarantee. Glad to see another option on the market.
Our goal at MADNESS is to offer you top quality product at great prices combined with excellent customer serivce. Thank you for your time!

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are unsure about trying this product, please remember, "We guarantee that our MAXPower ECM will outperform all other ECMs on the market in power delivery, drivability, features and reliability or your money back! Order it, install it and use it for up to 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied return it for a refund. It is that simple! Just call us first if you are not fully satisfied with the unit so we can assist you in the return process directions."

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Like I said previously, once I am able to see some before and afters, I will be able to make my decision.

EDIT: This is just me talking, but I think a lot of everyone would like to see dynos.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
If you are unsure about trying this product, please remember, "We guarantee that our MAXPower ECM will outperform all other ECMs on the market in power delivery, drivability, features and reliability or your money back! Order it, install it and use it for up to 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied return it for a refund. It is that simple! Just call us first if you are not fully satisfied with the unit so we can assist you in the return process directions."

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!
By ECM does this include the Unichip?

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have a new testimonial on our website from Sheldon!

"dart maxpower tuner on my 2013 1.4l turbo. Wow what a difference , feels like a stock srt4 neon out of the box. Lots of power , i got the go-pedal, bigger throttle body , exhaust , cai , injen hot and cold pipes , solid motor mounts, light weight under drive pulley. Car is awsome now cant thank madness enough for bring out a product that performs as good as this.....thanks ....go buy it today!!!!!"

Significantly and safely increase the power of your Dodge Dart 1.4L Turbo with the MAXPower Engine Control Module by MADNESS!

For more information follow the link below!

Bluetooth option

Dodge Dart - Engine Control Module - MAXPower by MADNESS - Bluetooth Control Online Store - DART Parts and Accessories

Non Bluetooth option

Dodge Dart - Engine Control Module - MAXPower by MADNESS Online Store - DART Parts and Accessories

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Rob Baker
I've owned the MAXPower Bluetooth ECM for just over a year and have had great results. When paired with a full bolt-on engine, power delivery is great. The ECM helps open up the potential of the bolt-ons, boost builds quick and power is smooth. Very happy with the results. I would like to be able to pair this to my current phone, but it doesn't pair on newer devices. It works seamlessly with my older phones.

Product Link
http://dartmadness.com/shop/index.p...ne+control+module&category_id=0&Submit=Search

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The MADNESS MAXPower Engine Control Module is truly the next level in Performance Tuning for the Dodge Dart 1.4L Turbo. This Engine Control Module is designed to be easy to install and provides instantaneous performance gains. Unlike direct ECU flashing this module is undetectable once removed. This module also allows you, the user to easily vary the performance of your vehicle as you drive through a dedicated, easy to use phone app. Simply increase or decrease the amount of power in your vehicle at a touch of a button.

Product Link
Search - maxpower engine control module Online Store - DART Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
287 Posts
How much power roughly does it add over stock? And don’t wanna hear “power levels will vary depending on supporting mods” we know this. If you have tested your product then you have baseline dyno and after tune dynos to support your claims. Info like this will sell your product!

Not trying to be an a$$hat but a lot of us on the .org are car people who know the difference and like details and proof about products before we consider purchasing serious power adders.
Thanks for supporting the dart community.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts