Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to be the dodge-dart.org guinea pig for this product as it had not yet been even mentioned on the site, and I had not even heard of it until I spoke with madness on the phone about the Mag PP. After discussing the two, I decided to give this a try. Price was $299.99.

MADNESS GOPedal - Home

For those who do not know, it does the same thing, but has more settings. Eighteen all together in fact. 3 settings, each with 6 levels of boost. Three levels of improved throttle response, and 3 levels of retarded response (which was explained to me for longer road trips to lower fuel consumption when tapping gas pedal).

Installation took all of about 2 minutes using nothing but my mailbox key to loosen the locked out plug lock on the device. It also comes with velcro straps so you can keep the wire out of the way of the pedals, and it comes out nicely and goes right into that pocket by your right knee (as seen in the pic below). Easy to reach and change settings (assuming it can be changed on the fly as the website only says not to chance it when accelerating. I sent an email to madness asking to clarify when exactly you can/shouldn't change it and am still waiting for an answer back)

Currently I am running mine on Sport+ with a +3 boost. Leaving it on this setting for a tank of gas to see if this setting really does improve fuel efficiency as this setting is advertised to do; "Improved throttle response plus optimal fuel consumption across RPM range. Perfect for merging and over-taking." The other two settings are Sport (rated for everyday driving up to 16% improved throttle response, and Eco which is rated for stop and go traffic by improving low end torque and fuel consumption). It is recommended to set it back to stock for rain/ice/snow. While Sport+ says improved throttle response, not sure how much more than Sport. Will post later about whether or not I actually see a difference in average MPG.

After installation, I took it for a spin around the neighborhood. I immediately noticed the difference in first and second gear, especially in the lower RPM range. It actually caught me off guard and made me pull off the throttle. The car does not jump into acceleration, but you do feel the car respond and acceleration without delay. When slamming the pedal to WOT, the time it takes for the throttle to actually open up is much faster. For passing on the freeway, the car takes right off in 4th and 5th gear without having to slam the pedal to the floor. Just tapping the accelerator makes the car jump when running in 2nd and 3rd gear in the 2500-3000 RPM range (this may also be in conjunction with my Mpx H&C piping), but it definitely feels much more responsive.

Now while I really love the device, I have to say the customer service I received was not so great. The rep I spoke to on the first phone call was awesome, took the time to explain the device to me. However (as someone of you may have seen as I reported in my other thread), just getting my go pedal was an ultimate PITA. I ordered it on that phone call on a friday and was told it would take 2-3 business days to process the order before it shipped, and 3-5 for shipping. I was told they were in stock and should expect the email with the shipping info the following week. Well I got an email, but it wasn't the shipping info, it was an email saying they oversold and that I would have to wait until they got more in stock. Why would I told they were in stock if they really weren't (or already all sold)? So I call to figure this out and was told they were getting more "expedited" from the manufacturer, and once received they would expedite them out to the customers (which they weren't as I don't consider fedex ground expediting). I told them I would be out of town for a week by the time they expected them in, so the rep put a note on my order to call me and ask where I would like it shipped should I be gone when they got them. I never got a phone call, it just shipped out and the package was left by fedex outside my apartment door, and sat there from wednesday (day before thanksgiving) until I got home the following tuesday night. Luckily i'm in a good area and no one bothered it. Hopefully this was just a fluke and I got bad luck, and not everyone has these experiences, of which I haven't heard any.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Glad you for it and like it! I have two questions:

Isn't the day after thanksgiving a Friday?

And

Can I have your red side pockets? (I painted mine red but am going to swap with "real" red ones later)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Doh! My brain read Wednesday (the day after thanksgiving). And I was like "huh?" So disregard the first question, it was stupid. And bummer on the second one lol. Guess ill wait for Allmoparparts to have replacement parts up for sale lol.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey guys I just wanted to remind you that I am here on the forum so that you always have a direct line to us here at MADNESS, you can always PM me on here or email direct at [email protected]! I'm really happy that you felt the same way I did when I tested the GOPedal on the Dart! I'm actually putting together some Holiday Specials just for this forum! Will be posted up today!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got mine and installed it easily. Getting the clip off can be annoying, but anything solid and no more than 2mm thick will help you pry it off. Best to go in on your back.

I turned it up to sport+ at +3 curve. Nearly killed five teens immediately and the second toddler I apprehended barely escaped my fury.

This thing makes your car go. If you're not ready for it you will spin tires with no effort. Your dart will feel light as air, and you will rejoice with a big smile as you tank your average mpg zipping around dodging squirrels.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Got mine and installed it easily. Getting the clip off can be annoying, but anything solid and no more than 2mm thick will help you pry it off. Best to go in on your back.

I turned it up to sport+ at +3 curve. Nearly killed five teens immediately and the second toddler I apprehended barely escaped my fury.

This thing makes your car go. If you're not ready for it you will spin tires with no effort. Your dart will feel light as air, and you will rejoice with a big smile as you tank your average mpg zipping around dodging squirrels.
so you liked it? _)

·
Registered
155 Posts
so you liked it? _)
Yea. The variability of options are great. Let's face it - the stock throttle feel is terrible. There's an improved-from-stock setting that will fit every driver for different driving conditions. I'm going to fiddle around with the different curves to find which one fits my daily driving needs. Everyone will need to do the same. You'll kill yourself and the neighborhood kids if you're on sport+, +3 curve though. If spinning tires is our thing that setting makes it fun. Manual drivers have the red line - I imagine DDCT drivers will be going 60 down candy ln. and not realize it.

Good product, does what it says it does, and well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How much is this product and who do I contact to purchase this I just bought my first new car and its the 1.4 and I want to get some more power and better rims and suspension when the aftermarket worlds releases such items to the world.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How much is this product and who do I contact to purchase this I just bought my first new car and its the 1.4 and I want to get some more power and better rims and suspension when the aftermarket worlds releases such items to the world.
$299.99 and you can get it from dodgedartmadness.com
They are great guys!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Rims is out...and mods to increase power is out....also..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check your local wheel/rim shop....you'll be surprised how many rims out there have that bolt pattern...look around....ask around google search until you find what you're looking for
I think I've found what I want. There some real nice enkei m52 that I want and am going to paint them gold for sure go for that gold and red scheme.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I want to supprt madness again on this product, they allowed me to test it for a couple of weeks. The service and knowledge Jay provided was top notch, not to mention the impeccable facility. The pedal enhancer is a really nice part, i cannot understand why the dart doesnt perform as well from the factory. It would be such a better car for such a small price overall.

:ho:

·
Registered
741 Posts
looks like im adding this to my shopping list

Reactions: MADNESSLuckyJay
1 - 20 of 23 Posts