Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Dart GT (2.4L) that has the stock wheels.
I've been told that my lug nuts are swollen and need to be replaced.
Has anyone done this? Where might I find them cheap?
I looked on eBay but the cheaper sets have a warning to not use with the stock wheels.
Really dont want to spend a lot on them!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
You could just use a 20mm socket. I find these lug bolts at the self serve junkyards I frequent. It's rare that I find some that fit in a 19mm socket. I have a few in my for sale thread that do fit a 19mm socket. FCA wants way too much for new ones. When mine get to where a 19mm socket is too tight, I'll just go to a 20mm socket.

forsale9.jpg

Chrysler has been using these types of lugs for many years now. There is a hardened steel core with stainless steel stamped over it. The outside never rusts and stainless is too soft for lugs. Rust however can creep under the stainless outside and that's what causes the swelling. I'm not sure why these newer versions have this problem. My old '95 Neon has it's original lugs and there is no swelling at all. My old '03 Dakota had the problem of the stainless cap coming off. Epoxy helped but it wasn't permanent. I did try aftermarket lugs on my '82 Rampage. They rusted the chrome right off in 6 months. I wasn't happy with those at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2014 Dart GT (2.4L) that has the stock wheels.
I've been told that my lug nuts are swollen and need to be replaced.
Has anyone done this? Where might I find them cheap?
I looked on eBay but the cheaper sets have a warning to not use with the stock wheels.
Really dont want to spend a lot on them!
It's not a good day when your nuts are swollen!

Sorry, saw this post in my email and couldn't help it. :haha: Good luck with your wheels!

·
Registered
103 Posts
ok question. i have the 13 dart rallye and it has the stock wheels, but im getting them powder coated. the problem is that i want to get some black lug bolts to match the wheels and everything i see says aftermarket wheels only. so what can i get that will work with the stock wheels and still be black. id rather not get covers if at all possible

·
Registered
9 Posts
ok question. i have the 13 dart rallye and it has the stock wheels, but im getting them powder coated. the problem is that i want to get some black lug bolts to match the wheels and everything i see says aftermarket wheels only. so what can i get that will work with the stock wheels and still be black. id rather not get covers if at all possible

Get these then
https://www.modernperformance.com/product/20-piece-spline-drive-lug-bolt-set-2013-16-dart/15-18-renegade-14l-turbo-drivetrain they fit all model darts oem or not as long as it isn’t the rims with hubcaps

·
Registered
103 Posts
awesome thanks for that. i have them saved so i can get back to them once its time to get them

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Deyeme Racing carries a pretty good variety, too. If you go with any kind of spline type that needs a special tool, request an extra. I get emails all the time begging for some brand-X lug tool because they (or previous owner, or dealership) used some kind of special lug bolt years back, and now they can't get the wheels off. Like a good spare in the trunk, it's one of those things you don't think about until it's an OH SH*T moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts