Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart GT 1994 M998A1
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

I've been searching around for a while and it seems that a lot of the recommendations on lug bolts has vanished over the years. Even just three months ago, someone referenced getting splined lugs from MPX, but that item is no longer in their catalog. As it currently is, I'm trying to get a new set of lugs to use with my stock GT rims. I know I need something that's 12x1.25mm, and around 26mm in shank length. I see the closest option of splined lugs from Gorilla Auto is 28mm in shank length-which doesn't seem to be an issue, but I'm seeing some conflicted reviews on Amazon about whether they have enough flange to securely hold the stock wheels.

Can anyone give any insight on what's currently out there that can give a good fit for the stock wheels and is good quality? Major bonus if it's either bright chrome or a clean-looking black, as my wheels are blacked out and having a dull metallic finish would be pretty boring...

As a bonus, I'm also wanting to finally buy wheel covers for my winter wheel set, so I'm not sure if there's any options out there for cover and lugs that aren't the pricey OEM option. Would love insights on that, too.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Hey all...

I've been searching around for a while and it seems that a lot of the recommendations on lug bolts has vanished over the years. Even just three months ago, someone referenced getting splined lugs from MPX, but that item is no longer in their catalog. As it currently is, I'm trying to get a new set of lugs to use with my stock GT rims. I know I need something that's 12x1.25mm, and around 26mm in shank length. I see the closest option of splined lugs from Gorilla Auto is 28mm in shank length-which doesn't seem to be an issue, but I'm seeing some conflicted reviews on Amazon about whether they have enough flange to securely hold the stock wheels.

Can anyone give any insight on what's currently out there that can give a good fit for the stock wheels and is good quality? Major bonus if it's either bright chrome or a clean-looking black, as my wheels are blacked out and having a dull metallic finish would be pretty boring...

As a bonus, I'm also wanting to finally buy wheel covers for my winter wheel set, so I'm not sure if there's any options out there for cover and lugs that aren't the pricey OEM option. Would love insights on that, too.
I am currently shopping as well since my lug bolts have become swollen and no longer accept the 19mm socket.

Deyeme racing offers a few different options, I believe splined as well. Scroll down to wheel and tire section.

MPX still offers a basic replacement for OEM.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can’t stand the lug studs. Would much rather have a wheel hub with the Bolts built in so I can put the wheel back on with ease and just have lug nuts. Seems like they did away with lug studs decades ago because it is not as easy to put the wheel back on.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Wheel hanging is easier with these:

Reactions: airtray and Gh0§t

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart GT 1994 M998A1
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MPX Solution is also a 17mm head option, giving it potentially the same undersize issue as the Gorilla Auto solution. They provide a warning about undersize appearance, but don't seem to indicate that it will be a functional issue.

Deyeme's one piece studs with the 19mm head looks like a great solution for those still running stock wheels. The have some deco caps available to improve the appearance and I'm currently requesting that they provide a photo with all the cap options together for a better color comparison. If you want to convert to studs, they have a solution there as well that gives you new wheel studs, loctite, install tools, and acorn nuts.

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
I can’t stand the lug studs. Would much rather have a wheel hub with the Bolts built in so I can put the wheel back on with ease and just have lug nuts. Seems like they did away with lug studs decades ago because it is not as easy to put the wheel back on.
Lug bolts are common in European cars, and the Dart's wheel hubs were sourced from the Alfa Romeo Giulietta. I don't find them any worse than my Grand Caravan's lug studs as far as mounting the wheels.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks everyone. I just replaced all of my wheel hubs. It’s so smooth and quiet now. I’m gonna look into that wheel stud install option. The wheel hanger looks like it might be even better. Only because I do like the look of the wheel bolt opposed to lug nut. 👻

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all...

I apologize that I don't remember where I got them, somewhere on the internet, but I replaced mine with studs and use regular lug nuts. Haven't had any problems and been on them for about 3 years on my 2013 Limited.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts