Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to preface this as it is not a surprise to me and I fully expected these results. This is for those of you who may not expect this.

If you are installing lowering springs (I am not speaking about coilovers) be aware that it will cause accelerated wear and/or damage to other parts of your car. The car was not designed to drive like this, and even springs that the vendor stats does not require a camber bolt (such as mine), will have impact on items you not may see. As an example, see a pic of my rear tire. Both rears had the same wear on the inside tread.

I respect any decision anyone wants to do to their vehicle, but just wanted to show some real life experience and make sure if you are going the lowering springs route to make all necessary adjustments (whether or not vendor/part manufacturer instructs you to do so) or be prepared financially to replace items as they wear/fail prematurely.

Thank you and happy driving.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

· Registered
2016 Dodge Dart GT, 2.4 automatic, Torred, Mopar CAI and ram air
670 Posts
I appreciate the post. I debated for a couple of years , then chose NOT to lower my car. Damage and wear are inevitable. I don't care how cool it looks, it ain't cool to be in the shop or hemorrage money needlessly.

My wide ROKBLOKZ mud guards add a rally feel and an illusion of lowering and widening and I've received many compliments on the look.

Reactions: Sol and Mass_Paul

· Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you put your car on lowering springs and didn't get a proper alignment with installation of necessary parts such as camber bolts, etc, then that's on you.

The car is fine and shouldn't have any issues at all if you do the modifications correctly.
Agreed. I made the change, knew and understood the circumstances and am not complaining. This post is to educate those people who may not know and understand the impact using lowering springs may have (even when a vendor or aftermarket manufacturer states no adjustments required).

I loved the look and for awhile I actually loved the "go kart" feel of the car with these springs. No regrets from me.

· Registered
2016 Dodge Dart GT, 2.4 automatic, Torred, Mopar CAI and ram air
670 Posts
If you put your car on lowering springs and didn't get a proper alignment with installation of necessary parts such as camber bolts, etc, then that's on you.

The car is fine and shouldn't have any issues at all if you do the modifications correctly.
I agree, it can be done right. The problem after that is, the hazardous roads, curbs, driveways and other anomalies that our cars encounter. So many things out there just wanna eat our chins spoilers.

Reactions: Mass_Paul

· Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, it can be done right. The problem after that is, the hazardous roads, curbs, driveways and other anomalies that our cars encounter. So many things out there just wanna eat our chins spoilers.
As well as me pulling into a parking space and going “I can get a bit closer ". My rims have suffered from those same thoughts when parallel parking.

Reactions: JonsGT

· Registered
8 Posts
I lowered mine with H&R sport springs and noticed my tires definitely picked up some negative camber. It has worn my winter tires to the point they are loud as hell almost like a wheel bearing. Will be getting the camber bolts and an alignment when I throw my summers back on.

· Registered
2,390 Posts
Honestly I can't believe people want to lower their Darts any further. One of my biggest gripes about this vehicle is the fact that I keep scraping the underside on every curb, speed bump and dip I encounter. If you're only going to drive on a flat racetrack, sure. But in the Real World there are obstacles that even a stock Dart can barely manage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts