Dodge Dart Forum banner

Lower Control Arms 2013 Limited

983 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DartGal13 
#1 ·
Well, had my oil changed at 45K and had them inspect a noise right side front....need lower control arms, with ball joints...I had suspension issues AND chrome wheel issues with every Dodge I owned...is Mopar just cruddy products? I was quoted 1500 with labor...but can get a little break since I do business with my mechanic. Would be curious what the cost would be before the pandemic and the inflation issues. The value of the car is between 6-7k...maybe I should just trade it in, but the cost of a new car and interest isn't what is was.

Sigh.

#2 ·
I was quoted about the same when I had taken my Dart in a few years ago (long before COVID). In the end I ended up doing them myself but it was kind of a PITA. Are they quoting you for MOPAR lowers? Could be partially why. I bought aftermarket ones from RockAuto that had a greasable lower ball joint they were about $100 each compared to the $300 each for MOPAR ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.