Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 dodge dart aero model with the 1.4 liter turbo coupled with the ddct

The car makes standard starter noises but never completes to ignition. Not sure if it is a fuel pump issue or some cabling issue that is not letting the oil get somewhere, anyone have any insights?

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
2013 dodge dart aero model with the 1.4 liter turbo coupled with the ddct

The car makes standard starter noises but never completes to ignition. Not sure if it is a fuel pump issue or some cabling issue that is not letting the oil get somewhere, anyone have any insights?
Sorry to be Captain Obvious here, but have you checked the oil level? The MultiAir system requires oil to operate (it uses it as a hydraulic fluid). If the oil level gets low enough, it operates very badly or not at all. Also, you wouldn't be doing your engine or turbo any favors running extremely low on oil.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to be Captain Obvious here, but have you checked the oil level? The MultiAir system requires oil to operate (it uses it as a hydraulic fluid). If the oil level gets low enough, it operates very badly or not at all. Also, you wouldn't be doing your engine or turbo any favors running extremely low on oil.
I had gotten an oil change recently, but after it stopped and before I even tried to restart for the first time, I ubered to a nearby auto parts store to get a quart of oil and put that in. If it went just under the threshold of having enough to operate that should have countered that unless the flow stopped via some other mechanism or just spilled out. I saw no major leaks. So that base is mostly covered.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
You should use the dipstick to check the oil level. Adding too much oil is not good either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's not the oil level.

I can confirm a 2013 dart 1.4T will start and drive with extremely low levels of oil or a bit over filled. My car has run nearly dry back when I use to use it for delivery. Also, when I did the head gasket, the multi-air system drained of oil and still started back up with fresh oil and a few prime cranks.

Did you recently do some gaskets and did not do the prime cranks? The video below, it's at 32:18 where he explains the starting after multi-air disassembly and installation.

Any check engine lights?

But yes, fuel filter and/or pump could be a possibility. I'd keep troubleshooting before I bought either.

·
Registered
2013 dodge dart 1.4L T // Rallye
4 Posts
sorry i don’t have answers but i had this problem with my dart a while ago and it would happen often but it kinda just went away lol

·
Registered
2013 Dart Rallye 1.4t/6spd
17 Posts
The reason I ask about the battery is because when mine was going out it started throwing codes, it started saying oil pressure was low, or gas cap needed checked. It didn't want to start or it would crank over extremely slow for way to long till it fired. There's alot the battery has to power on these and all the stuff seems to need a strong stable power source. Hell when my srt4 battery started dying the car ran like trash and started misfiring or not even starting either maybe it's worth a shot for you.

·
Registered
2013 dodge dart 1.4L T // Rallye
4 Posts
i had these problems bout a year ago... a couple of times it got really bad and my car would misfire and throw up a bunch of gang signs on the dash (no joke - CEL, ABS, power steering, elec throttle, battery and a message stating service transmission) and drive like trash.... but the only thing is, i thought about the battery first, so i replaced it... and it happened again, so i replaced it, and replaced it and replaced it and eventually it went away but i genuinely don’t know the legit cause.

·
Registered
2013 Dart Rallye 1.4t/6spd
17 Posts
Lol gang signs? I'm freaking dead hahahaha when I replace things like the battery I'll do the Posts as well if there is any form of corrosion. Electrical systems on cars are so sensitive you could have the smallest anomaly will make the car run stupid, not run at all, or gain 5 billion hp jk if the battery is older I'd throw some jumper cables on it and see if it'll start then and that may help narrow down an issue for ya. BUT PLEASE VERIFY YOUR OIL LEVEL IS APPROPRIATE L FOR STARTUP BEFORE ANYTHING PLEASE DONT SEIZE YOUR ENGINE LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts