Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 dodge dart recently purchased. My dodge dart just started having low oil pressure light come on only when stopped or when idel. No other times. The dealer ship just replaced oil sensor, and coreded wiring and also did oil change. But it still comes on. Any ideas in what else it could be.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
How many miles on it? If high, the oil pump/balance shaft module is worn.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
If a dealer is doing this, have they checked the oil pressure with an oil pressure gauge? If so, they should know if it's actually low. If it is low, worn oil pump/balance shaft module or, worst case scenario, worn crankshaft bearings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It could be a variable displacement oil pump that is stuck in low mode. Should be a code for that if so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car dealership checked oil pressure with gauge and it was 14 so it wasnt low at all so they said that rules out engine and oil pump. But they said it still comes on. They have tried everything chrysler said but nothing fixes it yet. Service manager goes on vacation next week. So when he gets back, he is going to talk ti chrysler again to see if there is any more options so i might have to take it again.this is a dodge dealership im taking it too .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts