Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
We have several cars that have confirmed that adjusting the WGA has addressed the issue of setting the low boost code all the time. Not only this, but... we have also seen a fair increase in power with the adjustment.

How did I come to the conclusion that the WGA arm needed adjustment?

With all the current turbo upgrades we have under development right now I was finding it odd that the "new" factory turbos had so much WGA pre-load it was kind of scary. The New turbos have at least 8 to 10mm worth of pre-load on the flapper pin. So, we started adjusting the factory turbos (ones setting low boost codes) to 6 and 8mm to test this. Well, it works. We have several on Facebook that have tested this and found it to work fantastic. Not only does it get rid of the code, but it also gives a nice bump in power.

There seems to be an adjustment time that is needed in order for the ECU to learn the new settings. So, 5 to 6 WOT pulls should adjust the adaptive memory inside the ECU to the new pre-load adjustment on the WGA.

You don't need a turbo, you don't need to take it to the dealer (unless you want to). Just adjust the WGA arm and the low boost code should disappear.

If you have any questions or wish to see a video, please let us know.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
674 Posts
We have several cars that have confirmed that adjusting the WGA has addressed the issue of setting the low boost code all the time. Not only this, but... we have also seen a fair increase in power with the adjustment.

How did I come to the conclusion that the WGA arm needed adjustment?

With all the current turbo upgrades we have under development right now I was finding it odd that the "new" factory turbos had so much WGA pre-load it was kind of scary. The tune turbos have at least 8 to 10mm worth of pre-load on the flapper pin. So, we started adjusting the factory turbos (ones setting low boost codes) to 6 and 8mm to test this. Well, it works. We have several on Facebook that have tested this and found it to work fantastic. Not only does it get rid of the code, but it also gives a nice bump in power.

There seems to be an adjustment time that is needed in order for the ECU to learn the new settings. So, 5 to 6 WOT pulls should adjust the adaptive memory inside the ECU to the new pre-load adjustment on the WGA.

You don't need a turbo, you don't need to take it to the dealer (unless you want to). Just adjust the WGA arm and the low boost code should disappear.

If you have any questions or wish to see a video, please let us know.

Thanks,

John
i think we would all like to see some videos/ pics it sounds like great news but I'm not exactly sure what I need to adjust

Reactions: pkgmsu2000

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes. Video please. So I can do this on my day off tomorrow.

Sent from.. the bar.. most likely..

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,441 Posts
Will cars not expieriencing the low boost code get a power boost from adjusting?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
When you post the video explaining the adjustment, can you post a procedure for the break in cycle. Dead stop, WOT to which speed/gear and for how long then stop and repeat?

-pitajr

·
Registered
133 Posts
If this is whats wrong with mine ill be so excited def need a video for help lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
So pre load is what causes them to just stick open and stay that way until you restart car?

·
Registered
262 Posts
i would very much so want to see a video on this...just had this low boost happen the other day but is gone now. after i restart the car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Agreed with everyone else. A video would be nice. Mine as well do this until the turbo upgrade is ready

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just confirming that I'm not understanding this backwards. You are telling us to loosen the preload from 10mm stock to 6mm-8mm on the WGA? Intuitively, doesn't decreasing preload open the wastegate sooner and drop boost? Do I have this backwards in my head?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just confirming that I'm not understanding this backwards. You are telling us to loosen the preload from 10mm stock to 6mm-8mm on the WGA? Intuitively, doesn't decreasing preload open the wastegate sooner and drop boost? Do I have this backwards in my head?
No you would be increasing preload, What John meant to say is the new turbos, or the ones that have been replaced, are coming with about 10mm of preload. Most of the ones that have been setting underboost codes are in the 0-5 mm preload area and taking those to 6-8mm. Sorry for the confusion hopefully it makes sense now and if not it should after the video.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Are there aftermarket WGA's for the dart that will work even better than tweaking the stock part??

I'm pretty sure all of with CSRT4's replaced our stock wastegate and saw immediate results.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Vvvvvvviiiiiddddeeeeoooooo.......................

Reactions: drobinder
1 - 20 of 749 Posts