Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a message telling me that my front right turn signal was out. I got a pack of new bulbs yet it still said it was out after trying each one. I looked at it closely and noticed that it lights up faintly. Then I pushed the bulb socket in to the housing and it lit up perfectly fine. So its a matter of it being too loose or not fitting snug against the wall of the housing.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I got a message telling me that my front right turn signal was out. I got a pack of new bulbs yet it still said it was out after trying each one. I looked at it closely and noticed that it lights up faintly. Then I pushed the bulb socket in to the housing and it lit up perfectly fine. So its a matter of it being too loose or not fitting snug against the wall of the housing.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Maybe a cracked or worn socket? Either that or a worn wire somewhere. Hard to say but you may need to find a replacement socket unless you can use something to keep it wedged into the socket.

·
Administrator
5,314 Posts
Is this the amber bulb? If so, it's also the daytime running light and because it's always on when driving, the socket tends to get hot and most are discolored black. That socket is C3 on this site:
Mopar Connection Repair Kit
68235752AA
Do some googling and you should be able to find a reasonably priced version.

Reactions: Dartanyion

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello everyone.
I hope you all good and healthy, as I searched the problem for daytime running socket getting burned, and I found what I'm calling it a good solution by replacing the stock bulbs with a LED One and it will be nice, so I think it's good to try it guys, just type 7443 in Google.
Thank you.

·
Administrator
5,314 Posts
The BCM will sense that the LED bulb is using almost no current and will give you a bulb out error.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The BCM will sense that the LED bulb is using almost no current and will give you a bulb out error.
I'd found this on eBay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts