Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've got a 2.0l with a homemade CAI. She's pushing around 168hp at the wheels. Looking for mods, tunes, whatever helps. I'd like to get it to 400hp.
I don't want to be the bringer of bad news, but there is no way you push 168 at the wheels with the 2.0L

·
Registered
716 Posts
Light weight pulley and spectrum tuner(or any other tune of your liking since they is a dedicated tune now) are your best bets to make a little bit more power

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Light weight pulley and spectrum tuner(or any other tune of your liking since they is a dedicated tune now) are your best bets to make a little bit more power
I'll look into the different tuners available, there just aren't a lot of performance parts for these cars around (especially the 2.0)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That thing looks like a HOT air intake.
That's about as far away from the engine as I'm gonna be able to get it. If you've got any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I'm looking into making a heat shield for it, work has just had me occupied for a little while.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
That's about as far away from the engine as I'm gonna be able to get it. If you've got any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I'm looking into making a heat shield for it, work has just had me occupied for a little while.
Honestly, the best thing you can do is remove the underbody aero cover. That thing keeps in heat like an oven.

I think your idea for a heat shield is also something you should work on when you have time. You really need that filter down further though.

·
Registered
700 Posts
with full bolt ons + tune from syked you might expect something around the 135whp but thats pretty much it. If you want to go turbo thats another story

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly, the best thing you can do is remove the underbody aero cover. That thing keeps in heat like an oven.

I think your idea for a heat shield is also something you should work on when you have time. You really need that filter down further though.
Removing the aero cover on the bottom is something I haven't thought of, I figured it protected the oil pan from debris. The angle on my photo is a little weird but the filter is as low as it can get. I have thought of using a shorter filter though. (Got the current one for free at work)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with full bolt ons + tune from syked you might expect something around the 135whp but thats pretty much it. If you want to go turbo thats another story
I've been looking for a turbo, but the only one I can find for the 2.0l is $5k and I just can't do that this early in the game.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heat wrap or shield would work just fine. I have a custom under-body shield with no openings except for right under the CATCON. I opened up my fog light covers and installed mesh to improve cold airflow into the engine compartment. My intake temps usually hover right at ambient temp when at idle and at least 10 below when at WOT. If you are able, drop your intake in front of the passenger side tire to get it further away from the heat. These engines love to run HOT. @RedRadandRunnin

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Yeah nobody's making 400hp without an engine swap, which only a handful if any have done. Banish that thought. I remember hearing somebody in Canada doing a V8 hemi swap but I think the project was scrapped. These Darts aren't hot rods, and no you can't really make them into one with bolt-on parts short of them sounding cool. I think a turbo'd 2.4 makes about 235hp, and that's limited because the transmission will break if you push it past that (might be 250hp, don't quite remember).

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yeah nobody's making 400hp without an engine swap, which only a handful if any have done. Banish that thought. I remember hearing somebody in Canada doing a V8 hemi swap but I think the project was scrapped. These Darts aren't hot rods, and no you can't really make them into one with bolt-on parts short of them sounding cool. I think a turbo'd 2.4 makes about 235hp, and that's limited because the transmission will break if you push it past that (might be 250hp, don't quite remember).
The v8 swap 2 doors Dart asn't been scrapped, but because of the sponsors he have and also working as a mechanic himself he can't do it full time. Last I saw was a custom frame with everything fitted on it and the dart body laid over for test.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The v8 swap 2 doors Dart asn't been scrapped, but because of the sponsors he have and also working as a mechanic himself he can't do it full time. Last I saw was a custom frame with everything fitted on it and the dart body laid over for test.
So not even a dart at this point

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got a 2.0l with a homemade CAI. She's pushing around 168hp at the wheels. Looking for mods, tunes, whatever helps. I'd like to get it to 400hp.
There is no amount of mods you can put on that car to get you even close to 400whp. I have a 2.4l and even if i went with the Road Race turbo kit id barley even hit 300whp. There just isnt enough of an after market community to get there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If I could get 200 hp out of my 2.0l I'd be happier than a kid in a candy store. Until things in the drive line stated tearing apart......

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I could get 200 hp out of my 2.0l I'd be happier than a kid in a candy store. Until things in the drive line stated tearing apart......
Look into the light weight pulleys, a tune, exhaust and even a bored throttle body. I'm sure you'd hit your goal no problem

1 - 20 of 23 Posts