Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Won’t let me post the URL to the vehicle.

2013 Dart SXT
Roughly 54,000 miles
Automatic trans
2.0 engine
Clean CARFAX - 2 owner
No accidents
CARFAX says brake booster was replaced
And pcm/Ecm was reprogrammed (both by dealer)
$7,499

Are there things I should be looking at with this particular vehicle, common issues etc.?
Car looks pristine, seats look like they were never sat in. Body is spotless.

Never owned a dodge in my life except for a 99’ Dakota that died pretty quick.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
David

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Won’t let me post the URL to the vehicle.

2013 Dart SXT
Roughly 54,000 miles
Automatic trans
2.0 engine
Clean CARFAX - 2 owner
No accidents
CARFAX says brake booster was replaced
And pcm/Ecm was reprogrammed (both by dealer)
$7,499

Are there things I should be looking at with this particular vehicle, common issues etc.?
Car looks pristine, seats look like they were never sat in. Body is spotless.

Never owned a dodge in my life except for a 99’ Dakota that died pretty quick.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
David
Personally I would avoid the 13s. With it being the first model year it is the most prone to having issues, I know some that were great and others that were complete lemons. If you're looking at used darts I would look at 14s a lot of the 14s had the first year model bugs worked out and they've depreciated a lot. 2.0 are the least powerful of the engines but also the most reliable

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, not looking for power. I’d much rather have the reliability. I’ll look around. There were only a few around me for under $9,000 that we’re not 13’s. This one was super clean and is pretty low miles for that year. And the price seems pretty darn good too.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Run the Carfax on it. Also run the VIN by the dealer's service department. If it spent more time in a shop than on the road you'll want to avoid it. While some folks freak out about high mileage, it's often your clue that it was reliable enough to be depended on. Low-mileage vehicles are sometimes that way because their owners left them parked and dove something else instead.

BTW most issues with the '13s were related to the 1.4L powertrain and/or the manual transmission. The 2.0s had much better reliability, especially with the auto transmission which was actually made by Hyundai.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts