Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello NE Members.

I'm new to the Dart (16 Dart 2.0 Rallye) world but not new to Mopar as I currently own a 10 Challenger, 16 1500, 03 Neon SXT, 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport and 99 Prowler.

My Dart is now the daily dependable driver but came with the stock 2.0 dump out exhaust. I've searched and found many posts regarding turning single to dual exhaust on darts. Problem is I don't want to go aftermarket exhaust with the kids (I got my challenger for that). After looking at those posts, I've already ordered the necessary parts (fascia, hangers, exhaust shield bracket, shield nuts).

So I'm looking for anyone who might have upgraded their exhaust and is looking to part out their dual. Or even recommendations on what I should do or consider.

Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Hello NE Members.

I'm new to the Dart (16 Dart 2.0 Rallye) world but not new to Mopar as I currently own a 10 Challenger, 16 1500, 03 Neon SXT, 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport and 99 Prowler.

My Dart is now the daily dependable driver but came with the stock 2.0 dump out exhaust. I've searched and found many posts regarding turning single to dual exhaust on darts. Problem is I don't want to go aftermarket exhaust with the kids (I got my challenger for that). After looking at those posts, I've already ordered the necessary parts (fascia, hangers, exhaust shield bracket, shield nuts).

So I'm looking for anyone who might have upgraded their exhaust and is looking to part out their dual. Or even recommendations on what I should do or consider.

Thanks for reading.
Howdy! Good to see another Mopar fanatic here! :D

But as you have found that you need to change the whole rear fascia in order to run the dual setup... If you check around the for sale forum here you might find someone selling their old stock dual exhaust. Chances are slim of that since it seems people just like to do the resonator delete and stick with the stock exhaust... I dont know how much you are willing to spend but if im right all the "GT" models come with a stock dual exhaust. Which means the link ill post will get you a dual exhaust... You might want to contact Benny @ Allmoparparts to be sure tho...

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-muffler-and-pipe-68102171ad/?c=Zz1leGhhdXN0LXN5c3RlbSZzPWV4aGF1c3QtY29tcG9uZW50cyZpPVBLMTMzNDU1JnI9NCZhPWRvZGdlJm89ZGFydCZ5PTIwMTYmdD1ndCZlPTItNGwtbDQtZ2Fz

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
@Just_Cruising I'd recommend joining the DartsofMerica facebook group. There are tons of people who have upgraded their stock exhaust and I'm sure you could buy one for cheap. If you can't find one on there then use car-part.com to find one at your local wreckers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
@Exitus04 Thanks for the info. I already bought all the equipment needed to do that stock to dual as seen here: http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-2-0l-tigershark/7174-converting-dual-exit-exhaust-diffuser.html which I ordered the parts through Benny so I will contact him and see if I can get a deal.

Also the link you attached is for a single. I believe the OEM dual is like $500. That is why I was looking for someones used exhaust.
Well the kicker is that I'm almost positive that the GT model (which I used for the search) only comes in dual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll call Benny and ask. If that is true, I will pay that price ... Expect shipping will kill me.

Thanks for the lookout Bro.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Correct gt only comes in dual (not sure on 16 and that was a weird year for all darts) but i'd check junkyard or even cl to save some cash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts