Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
No i just bought the part. I didn't get any harness or anything. Only wiring i got was the plug and wires that were wired to the leds in the cup holder. I ended up taking about that connector and making my own wire ends to then tap into the car.
Hey do you know the part number For the LED part? Wiring it in is easy for me but I just want to make sure I get the right part.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Hey do you know the part number For the LED part? Wiring it in is easy for me but I just want to make sure I get the right part.
Sorry i cannot seem to remember where i got it from or the proper part number. It might be here in this thread or a linked thread that was posted in here on this topic.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
@Cntrollerfanboy

Think this will work in my '15 SXT? Got the part numbers: 1TW50DX9AD and 68143454AD. It doesn't have it listed that it will fit. But I don't see why it wont.
Mine is a 15 GT and have the same center console and piece. Mine fit perfectly, but to get the LEDs to work you will need to wire up your own solution. Other than that, it fits in perfectly.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I know it's a little late, but I am looking for a thread on this topic. But No it's not, but I did install one without any issues. All i did was make my own wiring. Just took apart the connector on the cup holder, ran the positive to a positive and then grounded the ground. My positive was off the cig lighter, but not the main power. It has it's 12v output, a ground, and also a smaller wire which controls the LED that surrounds it which is also controlled by the factory dimmer. Which the oem one is like that too. So by tapping that, it's like it was factory lol
I know this is an old post but I am planning on installing my cupholder and could use some guidance. I found the wiring diagram for the 12v outlet and plan on tapping into it to wire to my cupholder to the stock ambient lighting. From what I understand I would run my ground from the cupholder to the ground of the outlet (cav3) and then I would run the positive from the cupholder to the switched power on the outlet (cav2)? Tapping into the positive on the outlet is the only thing i'm not sure about as there as 2 power wires.

outlet wiring diagram.PNG

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
I know this is an old post but I am planning on installing my cupholder and could use some guidance. I found the wiring diagram for the 12v outlet and plan on tapping into it to wire to my cupholder to the stock ambient lighting. From what I understand I would run my ground from the cupholder to the ground of the outlet (cav3) and then I would run the positive from the cupholder to the switched power on the outlet (cav2)? Tapping into the positive on the outlet is the only thing i'm not sure about as there as 2 power wires.

View attachment 90105
From what I recall, I believe that would be correct. They way that I did it with my friend, the cup holder now works as it would stock. When we use the dimmer function to dim the rest of the ambient lights, the cup holder also dims with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have 2014 gt was curious how hard the console is to get apart to replace the cup holder with a lit one? Also found out how to make a factory lit holder red so matches the ambient lighting around the dash just a small piece of clear red plastic or film in front of the 2 leds does the trick

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have 2014 gt was curious how hard the console is to get apart to replace the cup holder with a lit one? Also found out how to make a factory lit holder red so matches the ambient lighting around the dash just a small piece of clear red plastic or film in front of the 2 leds does the trick
I've put one in mind. You need to take out a lot of stuff to access it but it's not difficult. I tried the clear red in front of the LEDs and it came out too pink. I did 1 coat of red plastidip and it worked well

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Cool thanks i am waiting to recieve my cup holder ordered from ebay will try the plastidip...
It worked well for several months but it's starting to wear on the corners. I plan on taking it apart again in the summer and using red nightshades that I got

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys,

We are not certain of the complete list of parts required for this but we know for sure that the following is required:
Lighted cup holder assembly https://allmoparparts.com/oemparts/1TW50DX9AD
Console wiring harness https://allmoparparts.com/oemparts/68143454AD

The big question here is will the IP side of the console harness plug into the existing IP harness connector and are the pins live (providing power)

-Benny
Looking through old threads I wasn't able to find an answer to this. Would I just be able to buy the correct wiring harness and swap it out or would I have to wire it myself (as others have done)? Can anyone who bought the harness respond with whether it worked? Thanks!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Looking through old threads I wasn't able to find an answer to this. Would I just be able to buy the correct wiring harness and swap it out or would I have to wire it myself (as others have done)? Can anyone who bought the harness respond with whether it worked? Thanks!

I am sorry we never received confirmation of the harness being plug and play. For reference the updated links are as follows
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cup-holder-1tw50dx9ad
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wiring-console-68143454ad

Please let me know if you have any questions or need a code.
Thanks,
Benny

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
I did not see a harness in the car, so just made my own. Since this feature was removed from all trims later on, it makes sense that they removed the harness and wiring entirely for it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
12 Participants
Cntrollerfanboy
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing