Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if the GT's come pre-wired for the lit cup holders? I have one I got our of a wreck and don't wanna re-dismantle everything until I know for sure......

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just curious if the GT's come pre-wired for the lit cup holders? I have one I got our of a wreck and don't wanna re-dismantle everything until I know for sure......
short answer, no. the '14 cupholders are the same in that there is a molded lip for the light, but no light, and no wiring going up to it.
I installed a piece of EL wire in mine and tapped it into my IP surround that is also now a white EL wire.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured...

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
That's what I figured...

Thanks
I know it's a little late, but I am looking for a thread on this topic. But No it's not, but I did install one without any issues. All i did was make my own wiring. Just took apart the connector on the cup holder, ran the positive to a positive and then grounded the ground. My positive was off the cig lighter, but not the main power. It has it's 12v output, a ground, and also a smaller wire which controls the LED that surrounds it which is also controlled by the factory dimmer. Which the oem one is like that too. So by tapping that, it's like it was factory lol

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
a plug and play kit from Benny would be convenient for those wanting to add this
The thing is there is no physical wiring in our car that the old ones have. Now maybe the plug for the wiring is still there, I don't know where it is, but i would think it would just be another set of wires coming off the main wiring harness that runs behind the dash. With that not being there I think the only thing he could do is get the old cup holders, get the plug that goes into the cup holder socket to power the leds and include that. Then just have the positive and negative wires there for install on a tap. I could be wrong, but that's the only way I see this being installed without any supporting wiring or plugs already on the car.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
The thing is there is no physical wiring in our car that the old ones have. Now maybe the plug for the wiring is still there, I don't know where it is, but i would think it would just be another set of wires coming off the main wiring harness that runs behind the dash. With that not being there I think the only thing he could do is get the old cup holders, get the plug that goes into the cup holder socket to power the leds and include that. Then just have the positive and negative wires there for install on a tap. I could be wrong, but that's the only way I see this being installed without any supporting wiring or plugs already on the car.
exactly what i was thinking Benny could provide for the community.

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I'll just tap into an existing line.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Did you get the wiring console and does it work nicely? I have a 14 GT idk if that makes a difference, I don't have a problem with wiring them myself but hell if it's plug and play
No i just bought the part. I didn't get any harness or anything. Only wiring i got was the plug and wires that were wired to the leds in the cup holder. I ended up taking about that connector and making my own wire ends to then tap into the car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
12 Participants
Cntrollerfanboy
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing