Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,383 Posts
It happens a lot more often up here in Ohio than it does for you good folks in Kentucky....stay strong, it'll melt soon. :)

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Also known as just another Tuesday in the northeast!

Hope you guys have at least a snow shovel!

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I have a garage over here in western KY, but I did spend a couple of hours clearing my driveway out so that I could go to work today. I just measured my back deck and we got 10" on the dot. Not too shabby!

·
Banned
1,383 Posts
I have a garage over here in western KY, but I did spend a couple of hours clearing my driveway out so that I could go to work today. I just measured my back deck and we got 10" on the dot. Not too shabby!
You probably haven't seen snow like that for around 6-8 years have ya? March 2007 was the last huge snowfall we got here, dumped 18 inches in 18 hrs. Of course I'm old enough to vividly remember the blizzard of '78 which was measured in feet....or as @Bullfrog would say, just another Tuesday in the NE. lol. Those poor people up in the Boston area right now, they got lifetime bragging rights, I'll never complain about snow to someone living up there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I had a snow shovel but I didn't have one at my apartment complex. That's not a typical tool a student at UK has in their apartment. I might buy one now and be prepared for the next storm.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
You probably haven't seen snow like that for around 6-8 years have ya? March 2007 was the last huge snowfall we got here, dumped 18 inches in 18 hrs. Of course I'm old enough to vividly remember the blizzard of '78 which was measured in feet....or as @Bullfrog would say, just another Tuesday in the NE. lol. Those poor people up in the Boston area right now, they got lifetime bragging rights, I'll never complain about snow to someone living up there!
Actually, it's the biggest we've had in 10 years ;)

I've seen 2 feet of snow back in the day, but that's about as much as I've seen around here.

·
Registered
339 Posts
That's more than I saw in 6 years of living there. I think the most we got at our house while living there was 8 inches. Stay off the roads, no one will know how to drive safely in that stuff.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
That's more than I saw in 6 years of living there. I think the most we got at our house while living there was 8 inches. Stay off the roads, no one will know how to drive safely in that stuff.
Surprisingly, I haven't seen a single car off on the side of the road. People usually drive sensibly around here when we're getting a lot of snow. It's when it's a light snow and there's just a small layer on the road when the wrecks happen. People think it isn't that bad when it's pretty slick in reality. We had maybe an inch or two of snow a few weeks ago and there were wrecks all over the parkway, and even a fatal crash, but nothing from this big snow we got.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This snow is going to stick around awhile too, the next time the weather will get above freezing is this Saturday. That same day, Lexington is projected for winter mix so it could be some time before the Dart will be dripping clean. I must say that is the worst part about winter, how ugly cars can get from the winter filth.

I did drove the Dart on the partly cleared roads and it did just fine. Just don't let the wheels stop on an incline and you're fine.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I just reading this thread, I miss Kentucky... :(
You and me both.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen a single car off on the side of the road. People usually drive sensibly around here when we're getting a lot of snow. It's when it's a light snow and there's just a small layer on the road when the wrecks happen. People think it isn't that bad when it's pretty slick in reality. We had maybe an inch or two of snow a few weeks ago and there were wrecks all over the parkway, and even a fatal crash, but nothing from this big snow we got.
Well that's good, hopefully the safe driving will continue.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I live 2 hours away from Lexington and we got about about 10-12 inches. I didn't even bother to clean the snow off today just took my AWD Subaru. As I was heading to work I seen 3 people that got stuck in parking lots lol.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
280 Posts
You know it's not the snow that I hate so much. It's driving around in the aftermath for weeks with a constantly filthy car. We were doing so good this winter in the Cincinnati area. Only about 7in. till this past week. Since last saturday we have had three storms that have dumped around 15in in one week. The only positive is it's getting pretty late in winter and it should start to warm up in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts