Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I prefer this one from @suzq044

And I would totally buy new fenders if needed to get that look ;)

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Well they were taken from a Subaru ;) -- I just changed a few minor things.

This was done in the days before we had any Darts to even purchase yet.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
As much as I like Jon Sibals BMW - you guys keep showing pics of wide-body's on COUPES. Find some that look good on a 4-door. Seriously, much bigger challenge.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would like to see some thing that flows with our natural lines of our cars not some thing that looks like it doesn't belong and was just slapped on and bolted there to get the flare I do like what suz44 did

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
I think someone photoshopped an evo body on the dart too, or rather a dart on an evo body..

Can't find it now, might be in the stanced dart thread.
Edit: Found it!

Personally, I think subtle would work better on dart than the flamboyant rb-styled stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
That's a specialty concept called the Ottimo Mefisto. They also had a more rugged version called the Ottimo Cross; otherwise it's just a hatch dart with different bumpers.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I will be looking into these parts!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gonna bring this back from the dead.
That first image of the red Dart with the black flares looks very attractive. It's reminiscent of old 240zs, and being brought up next to a few, I have a love for those cars. The reason I found this is because I was looking for someone who had in fact applied the classic fender flare look as opposed to the rolled fenders.
image-1109128592.jpg
The flares look gorgeous and the color scheme of the Dart is very attractive. I just don't see the point of increasing the space in the wheel well and then BAM instantly pushing out the wheels so that they will rub on any significant spring compression. Isn't the primary object of flares to allow for better clearance rather than to create that (slightly obnoxious in the above application, IMO) "stanced" look?
I guess it could be because I value function over form, especially when the purpose of something is immediately violated to create a better form.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gonna bring this back from the dead.
That first image of the red Dart with the black flares looks very attractive. It's reminiscent of old 240zs, and being brought up next to a few, I have a love for those cars. The reason I found this is because I was looking for someone who had in fact applied the classic fender flare look as opposed to the rolled fenders.
View attachment 57744
The flares look gorgeous and the color scheme of the Dart is very attractive. I just don't see the point of increasing the space in the wheel well and then BAM instantly pushing out the wheels so that they will rub on any significant spring compression. Isn't the primary object of flares to allow for better clearance rather than to create that (slightly obnoxious in the above application, IMO) "stanced" look?
I guess it could be because I value function over form, especially when the purpose of something is immediately violated to create a better form.
looks like the kim kardashian of darts

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was actually just looking into this today and found this I think it's pretty BA!!

View attachment 55171

This is so badass but yes, the rear end needs to be wider. Love the concept of widebody but it has to be body color matched.

Reactions: ABDSXT

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Look up agency power focus St wide body kit. That would look good imo

21 - 40 of 44 Posts