Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try and make this happen, it just makes sense with Turbo kits coming out that we should have a way for you to get some wider tires on the car as well. But we don't want to make flares that just sit on the shelf, I want them to be affordable, and give the look that people want. I actually love our Fiat flares, and how they taper down at the bottom. It makes it so you don't need an entire kit around the car to run them, a lot of wide body kits have to have new bumpers and side skirts to fit the flares. Let's get some ideas flowing! Post up your ideas, and let's see what the mob demands~

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Similar style to our Fiat, in that they taper down at the ends, but something still doesn't sit right with me about that pic, maybe the rear isn't wide enough, or tall enough?

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
I love this idea and look for the dart, but for me, I can't justify spending another dime on a cosmetic mod. I'd like to have a dart that is both somewhat fast, lol, and good looking. 160HP beauty just isn't cutting it anymore. Time to get the tune and enjoy driving the dart, or its time to dump the dart.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I love this idea and look for the dart, but for me, I can't justify spending another dime on a cosmetic mod before I have the HPSI tune. I'd like to have a dart that is both somewhat fast, lol, and good looking. 160HP beauty just isn't cutting it anymore. Time to get the tune and enjoy driving the dart, or its time to dump the dart.
im strangely attracted to the flares. at first i was like wtf then i was like i kinda like that.

the hpsi tune is pretty awesome so far. its still not fast haha but it is faster.

Reactions: Darth_Strife

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I like the idea a lot... but contrary to the picture posted above, i think that a full wide body would look the best (IMO) I dont think that just putting fender flares will do this justice. BUT if there was a full kit where like @RRM_LuckyJay said... It would be downright nasty! I think the dart would have an absolutely more aggressive look then it already does! Again, it would have to be full set up, not just the flares or not just the front bumper... I would love to see it! Maybe @suzq044 can help with a rendering if shes not too busy?!?!

Reactions: dlo253

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
Yes! I think that look would apply quite nice on a Dart
Yes I agree! When you said wide body i was totally this. :)

the-tsukinousagi-rocket-bunny-frs-09.jpg

Or like what they do in the new Need for Speed game coming out.

Once I saw the customization options in this game, and especially the wide body i was like NEED

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Lol, I did a light rb Photoshop on ehm.. The red green camo dart a while back.. The rb kit doesn't really suit the darts shape. Check my Photoshop thread for the IMO, better looking subie style fenders.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes I agree! When you said wide body i was totally this. :)

View attachment 55178

Or like what they do in the new Need for Speed game coming out.

Once I saw the customization options in this game, and especially the wide body i was like NEED
dang i should get back into videogames. i crapped out at like ps2 i think.

Reactions: RRM_LuckyJay

·
Registered
734 Posts
I kinda like the look of a wide body if it suit the car correctly. It's nice to see some fender flare but if they don't follow the original lines this won't look good

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes! I think that look would apply quite nice on a Dart
Yes something rocket bunny like would be amazing. I love wide body cars especially rocket bunny and liberty walk kits. If you guys made this I would be one of the first to buy without a doubt. I've been going around to local shops to see if they can do it and they quote me some insane prices. I rather have you guys do it because you products are quality and I trust them. Please make this happen!! Even just something like fender flares like subies have would be beautiful or something like a c63 amg type aggressive wide fenders.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A
I dig leaving the back of the wheel open too, would look awesome on the cars that get the Turbo, plus let you get bigger/wider tires to get that power to the ground!
If you guys did this you'd be making all my dreams come true. First the turbo kit and now a wide body kit!!! Literally the two most wanted things for my dart.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Smooth it out a bit, and yeah, I like it.

The other thing to consider with these wide-body kits. They often look far better on Coupes than Sedans. So I'll wait to see what you come up with before 'judging'.. lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts