Dodge Dart Forum banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 · (Edited)
I was just checking to see if the hyperlinks in my OP were still valid ... and noticed when I clicked on the pic to view the MOPAR webpage that the MOPAR part #82213354 page had recently been "updated" to change the name of the part from "Light Bar" to:

Car Vehicle Font Automotive exterior Screenshot

It's bad enough that many Dodge dealerships (sales & service staff) were (or still are) clueless about the Dart's LBQ (LED 'Racetrack' Taillamps) option ... but for MOPAR to mislabel them as "Turn Signals" is just comical!

I wonder how long before we see a thread pop up entitled: Why don't my center LEDs blink? :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Agreed its frustrating with Mopar at times. There are products announced that never make it to the market, We have 2013 vehicles on the roads yet no accessories. This puts us in a bad position as we are the front line with customers.

Whats amazing is how some parts of the company can run so well and produce a well made/designed product yet other parts are left in the dark (accessory & performance divisions)

-Benny

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm due for my first service soon and going to talk with the service manager, see if they'll want to work with me installing or if I will just buy and install myself. I agree its sad how some dealerships can be flat out crooks and take people for tons of money

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has any of the fellow Canadians on the board checked availability/pricing since this tread started? I called my dealer the week I got my dart and was quoted $1300. I just attempted to call with the mopar part no. but the parts counter is closed for the night.
Have you found any good options for Mopar parts in Canada? US is way cheaper of course...but then you add on shipping, etc and it adds up.
I just sent a dealer in Bellingham WA a message to see what their prices are like. For me that isn't a far drive...but still might get dinged for Duties/Taxes.

Let me know.
Cheers

·
Registered
615 Posts
Have you found any good options for Mopar parts in Canada? US is way cheaper of course...but then you add on shipping, etc and it adds up.
I just sent a dealer in Bellingham WA a message to see what their prices are like. For me that isn't a far drive...but still might get dinged for Duties/Taxes.

Let me know.
Cheers
I have not, no. I may do the same as you. I've ordered smaller parts from Deyeme Racing, Tork, and Modern Performance here on the board and combined parts to cut down on shipping, but the next parts I want (eibach lowering kit, rt tai lights, and flowmaster catback exhaust) are between $80-$130 shipping each. I may look at trying to ship parts to Ogdensburg NY since we go across to shop there quite frequently.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would anyone know where i can get the headlights that are on the dart rallye? i have a dodge dart SXT but am wanting to put the rallye headlights on it but i cant find them anywhere. any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Would anyone know where i can get the headlights that are on the dart rallye? i have a dodge dart SXT but am wanting to put the rallye headlights on it but i cant find them anywhere. any advice would be appreciated.
Allmoparparts.com. Think I've seen them on there. Plus they're a supporting vendor

·
Registered
696 Posts

Let me know.
Cheers
If you are concerned about duties and brokerage fees you can have your items sent to a UPS store just over the border. I can guarantee we have very competitive pricing.

Please let me know if you need a quote.

-Benny

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got a card in the mail from Mopar while I was on vacation. It is a coupon for the racetrack lights $199.00 including install plus tax, just have to take to a dealership. Has anyone else received one of these?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, I got the postcard too for racetrack lights installed at dealer for $199. too late for me I already bought them and have them installed. Glad I didnt buy at $315, but was totally happy with my purchase from Moparsrt (John Elway Mopar Parts) has made the SALE price of $239.99 permanent. $199 would have been better. Install is super easy.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yes, I got the postcard too for racetrack lights installed at dealer for $199. too late for me I already bought them and have them installed. Glad I didnt buy at $315, but was totally happy with my purchase from Moparsrt (John Elway Mopar Parts) has made the SALE price of $239.99 permanent. $199 would have been better. Install is super easy.
Yes he has but nobody can get in touch with him. I've messaged him a couple of months ago and again a while back with no answer.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Just realized that I never let the Text Font Mode of transport Automotive lighting Graphics
community know that Chrysler did indeed "reimburse" me.

To recap:

• In November of 2012, I purchased the MOPAR #82213354 "Light Bar" from my local CJDR dealership's Parts Counter ... I had a 10% off coupon, so the part was $283.50 ($315 - $31.50) + 8.75% sales tax ($24.81) = $308.31 total (installed in my hand).

• In May of 2013, I received a "DODGE DART TRACK LIGHTS $199 SPECIAL OFFER" voucher/postcard in the mail.

• In July of 2013, I took that postcard to my local CJDR dealership in hopes they would reimburse the difference ... the Parts Manager explained that their cost on the MOPAR #82213354 "Light Bar" Kit was ~$233.50 (so he could only give me a "refund" of ~$50) ... and that I should try contacting Chrysler Customer Service about getting a full reimbursement.

• I took his advice, called the 800 # and spoke with a Chrysler customer service representative about my "situation." The rep verified my VIN was eligible for the $199 RRT ... gave me a case number ... asked me to scan my copy of the MOPAR #82213354 "Light Bar" Kit receipt/invoice ... and then upload the scanned image to their website.

• Two weeks later, a check in the amount of $109.31 from "Chrysler Group LLC" arrived in my mailbox!

So in the end, I too got my LED "Racetrack" Taillamps for $199!

101 - 119 of 119 Posts