Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay okay okay. To start off my car runs and drives completely fine aside from a misfire. I have a set of coils and sparkplugs ready to go in though.

What I'm curious about are these issues:
1) Cruise control will stop working at random and turn back on a day or two later
2) Bluetooth will do the same as above /\
3) One day I couldn't shift into my odd gears or reverse, it felt like the gate on first gear that turns on when you're going more than 15 mph (it's a manual). Fixed itself overnight
4) My car has had the coils replaced 2-3 times in the last 8 months and after a couple months it'll start misfiring again.
5) A couple weeks ago my airbag and passenger seatbelt light turned on randomly and ever since then they've gone on and off. It'll ding at me when I have a passenger even when they are buckled
6) Check engine light will turn on, sometimes flash, for no more than 5 seconds then turn back off. Usually when I'm accelerating.

I'm really wondering if all of this could be an electrical issue or a faulty ECU? Any advice would be appreciated, I love this car and I'd hate for it to be a lemon lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Check the shifter bushings. Any code will turn the cruise control off. Look at your coil connectors for broken locks. The flashing CEL means it's misfiring and a warning not to drive it. Enough misfiring can damage the cat from raw fuel burning in the cat. The fuel in a misfiring cylinder will wash away the oil film on the cylinder walls causing premature wear of the rings and cylinder. It's almost never the PCM. Intermittent almost always is a bad connection or broken or shorting wire.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Okay okay okay. To start off my car runs and drives completely fine aside from a misfire. I have a set of coils and sparkplugs ready to go in though.

1) Cruise control will stop working at random and turn back on a day or two later
3) One day I couldn't shift into my odd gears or reverse, it felt like the gate on first gear that turns on when you're going more than 15 mph (it's a manual). Fixed itself overnight
4) My car has had the coils replaced 2-3 times in the last 8 months and after a couple months it'll start misfiring again.
5) A couple weeks ago my airbag and passenger seatbelt light turned on randomly and ever since then they've gone on and off. It'll ding at me when I have a passenger even when they are buckled
6) Check engine light will turn on, sometimes flash, for no more than 5 seconds then turn back off. Usually when I'm accelerating.

I'm really wondering if all of this could be an electrical issue or a faulty ECU? Any advice would be appreciated, I love this car and I'd hate for it to be a lemon lol.
The bluetooth issue is pretty common among Darts, typically requiring replacing of the bluetooth module. They seem to fail enough to where I wouldn't trust a used one. For the passenger seatbelt issue. I recall seeing a TSB or recall for the buckle on the passenger side. I had the same issue and bought a new buckle off eBay for like 35 bucks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The bluetooth issue is pretty common among Darts, typically requiring replacing of the bluetooth module.
This happened to me a few months after I got my car. Bluetooth would randomly not work and controls on the steering wheel would randomly not work at times either. Dealer quoted me about 600 or so for labor plus a new bluetooth module(it was a few years ago so that number is kind of hazy). I ended up doing it myself but it was a PAAAAAAAAIN because it is wedged up in a tiny spot under the driver foot well and it's hard to maneuver tools to get it all secured. You will need a proxy alignment after you do this as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts