Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is throwing 6-7 knock sensor codes. I have already purchased two brand new knock sensors and they will not go away. I tester the knock sensor and the readings came back normal. So I traced it back to the pcm but that is a lot of money. I am just curious if anyone else has had this same problem. And if you were able to fix it and how.

·
Administrator
5,993 Posts
What code numbers are you getting?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What code numbers are you getting?
Here is all the knock sensor codes.
There are in the engine section of codes:
-P0325-00 Knock Sensor 1 Circruit-Pending, Stored
-P0324-00 Knock Control System- Pending, Stores
-P0327-00 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low- Pending, Stored
OBDII Codes:
-P0325- Knock/Combustion Vibration Sensor “A” Ciruit
-P0324-Knock/Combustion Vibration Control System Error
-P0327-Knock/Combustion Vibration Sensor “A” Circuit Low

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is all the knock sensor codes.
There are in the engine section of codes:
-P0325-00 Knock Sensor 1 Circruit-Pending, Stored
-P0324-00 Knock Control System- Pending, Stores
-P0327-00 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low- Pending, Stored
OBDII Codes:
-P0325- Knock/Combustion Vibration Sensor “A” Ciruit
-P0324-Knock/Combustion Vibration Control System Error
-P0327-Knock/Combustion Vibration Sensor “A” Circuit Low
And there is also a Body Control Module:
-U0401-86- Implausible Data Received From ECM/PCM- Signal Invalid-Stored

·
Administrator
5,993 Posts
Whenever you see the word "circuit" in a code description, it means there is a wiring problem. Look for wiring shorted to voltage, shorted to ground or open. I assume you have the 1.4 engine based on the code numbers.
Are you sure you are working with the correct sensor? There are two wires so it shouldn't be difficult checking the wires..

Font Parallel Electric blue Cylinder

The FSM has a caution about over tightening the sensor.
Thoroughly clean the knock sensor mounting hole.
CAUTION:
Over or under tightening the knock sensor mounting bolt will affect knock sensor performance, possibly causing improper spark control. Always use the specified torque when installing the knock sensor. Do not apply any adhesive, sealant or thread locking compound to the bolt.
Install the knock sensor (2) with mounting bolt (3). Tighten the mounting bolt to 25 N·m (18 ft. lbs.).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whenever you see the word "circuit" in a code description, it means there is a wiring problem. Look for wiring shorted to voltage, shorted to ground or open. I assume you have the 1.4 engine based on the code numbers.
Are you sure you are working with the correct sensor? There are two wires so it shouldn't be difficult checking the wires..

View attachment 129850
The FSM has a caution about over tightening the sensor.
Thoroughly clean the knock sensor mounting hole.
CAUTION:
Over or under tightening the knock sensor mounting bolt will affect knock sensor performance, possibly causing improper spark control. Always use the specified torque when installing the knock sensor. Do not apply any adhesive, sealant or thread locking compound to the bolt.
Install the knock sensor (2) with mounting bolt (3). Tighten the mounting bolt to 25 N·m (18 ft. lbs.).
I have every time I have messed with it I always torque it. And I have also test the wires By putting a micrometer in and and the reading came back normal. And I have traced all the wires and they go back to the pcm. Which I maybe have missed something but that has been my conclusion every time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts