Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I’m having this issue with my key fob. The battery died, and even with a new battery it still won’t unlock/lock doors or open trunk. The key still turns the engine on. I’ve tried getting another key fob and switching it out. I asked a dealership to reprogram it, and they said that they don’t reprogram, and that the keys will never loose programming. They recommended a new key fob which would cost around $300.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Could it be some fuse that went out?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
The part of the fob that opens the doors and trunk is separate from the part that lets the ignition run. You could have a problem with the RFHM or the fob.
Do you have a 2nd fob to try? All Darts came from the factory with two fobs.
The RFHM is is under the trim above the rear seat back. Replacing it requires a dealer.
You can program a new fob yourself with the alfaOBD android app and an OBDLinkMX bluetooth adapter if you can get the 4 Digit PIN. Not sure if alfaOBD will fix a bad RFHM. AlfaOBD will program a 2nd key. You can read about alfaOBD in the Ram forum:
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

For the Dart:
Program key:
Start alfaOBD. Select Dodge/Ram, select Dodge Dart (PF), select Radio Frequency Hub (RFH), select control unit radio frequency hub. Select the Fiat open hood icon. Under the select procedures to start pull down menu, select Program Ignition Fobiks Baseline System. Enter your four digit number. You then remove your original key from the ignition node and insert the new key into the node but leave the ignition position to OFF or Lock and press Start. After a few seconds, it will say Completed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
alpinegreenneon
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing