Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of keyfob programmer do I need to program new keys to a 2013 dodge dart rally with a 2.0 engine. and if possible the price.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
You need the alfaOBD android app and a OBDLinkMX bluetooth adapter. You will also need the 4 digit PIN from a dealer or PIN puller app.

Program key:
Start alfaOBD. Select Dodge/Ram, select Dodge Dart (PF), select Radio Frequency Hub (RFH), select control unit radio frequency hub. Select the Fiat open hood icon. Under the select procedures to start pull down menu, select Program Ignition Fobiks Baseline System. Enter your four digit number. You then remove your original key from the ignition node and insert the new key into the node but leave the ignition position to OFF or Lock and press Start. After a few seconds, it will say Completed.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T Limited MTX
41 Posts
Hey, sorry to revive an old thread but I have a couple questions.

1) How could I pull the PIN for my vehicle? You said pin puller app, but what do you recommend? I'm pretty tech savvy but not too familiar with car computers and I like to avoid dealerships if at all possible.

2) If I got a fob with the remote start option, could I program my 2013 limited 1.4T MTX to utilize the remote start or are manual darts not capable of it? I know it's generally a bad idea to have remote start on a manual but I religiously park in neutral with the ebrake, and with these ~0° days, it sure would be nice to have.

I have the OBDLink MX+ and the alfaobd app already.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
You should be able to get the PIN from a dealer. Can't hurt to ask and it should be free. You would need proof of ownership. If your dealer refuses or wants money, then look for the PIN puller app. It's a 4 digit number. It's not a rolling number that expires in 12 hours. It's not the number that starts with the letter M, that's the key code.
The clutch safety switch will likely complicate a remote start fob. May need an aftermarket solution if it exists.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's fair. And I figured as much for the remote start. Thanks for the quick response!

One last question: Currently I have the 4 button keyless fob. If I got the same fob but 5-button w/ remote start and the remote start function doesn't work, will that fob still be fine for it's normal functions (trunk, unlock, lock, and panic)? I'm guessing yes but it's worth an ask before buying it. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I would also guess yes that the other functions would still work but not sure if anyone here has ever tried it. Try searching other FCA forums.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Alright. I may just buy and try since it's not too expensive. I'll update here if I do.
Let us know if you do the PIN puller app. I tried it a while back and it wouldn't work, it would give an error. I emailed the dev and they emailed me the PIN I just never got around to buying a key I was just using credits I had from my google surveys before they expired.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Let us know if you do the PIN puller app. I tried it a while back and it wouldn't work, it would give an error. I emailed the dev and they emailed me the PIN I just never got around to buying a key I was just using credits I had from my google surveys before they expired.
I ordered the new keyfob earlier today and will try out the puller app in the next few days. I'll let you all know how it goes!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Try contacting Alexey.
[email protected]
There was someone on the Ram forum that was able to get their PIN using an alfaOBD test version.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I couldn't get mine to work. Tried all the different types and in different running states (ign on/off, acc only, hazards on/off). Just kept getting error or ECU unresponsive. When I check the help tab it shows this:

Any y'all got a 2008 to '10 dart? lol

Going to the webpage, there isn't any darts listed.

My dart is keyless so I'm guessing it uses RFH2 and isn't
supported. I reached out to my local dodge dealer about getting the PIN and they said they didn't know what PIN I was talking about. They could program my new fob for me though for about $50. So that's where I left it. Hopefully the AlfaOBD app can do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also, if you don't reach out to the AlfaOBD dev, let me know and I will. It'd be nice to have an additional fob.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I reached out to my local dodge dealer about getting the PIN and they said they didn't know what PIN I was talking about. They could program my new fob for me though for about $50. So that's where I left it. Hopefully the AlfaOBD app can do it.
Which they'll need the pin to program. What mooks.

I have a keyed one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
AlfaOBD has been updated to pull the PIN under the RFH functions. It didn't work for me, said 0000 then went to program this fob and it said invalid PIN. I emailed my log to him.

Chrysler pin puller never got back to me....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts