Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2015 dart se aero. With the 1.4l turbo. The problem is once a day my key will get stuck in the accessory position, and I am unable to pull the key out. I literally have to start the car a few times out it in drive then back to park and try and see if I can pull the key out. It let's me start and turn off the car just gets stuck once in a while. And I have to play with it to get it out. Anyone else experience this problem with the dart? Right now my car is with the dealer but they are unable to replicate the problem.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
There is a micro-switch on the shifter assembly under the console. Tweak that metal tab.

Have you had the recall bushing for the shifter cable installed?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So will tweaking that tab solve my problem. Cruz I was just gonna use industrial graphite lubricant and see if that works.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
It's a fairly common problem and that is the fix. It doesn't take much. You could also try making the stop for the lever thicker with a layer of heat shrink tubing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah after 3 days they finally got the problem diagnosed. They said my car needs a new shifter assembly. For a cost of $500-$600 Not including labor. I've decided I'm just going to let the dealer fix it with a 2 year warranty. Thanks for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts