Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with my Dodge Dart 2013 2.0 days later. My issue is when I try to start it is giving me key fob not detected message. My question is how would I hook up and get power to my OBD 2 scanner 2 troubleshoot\program. I have read several threads on reprogramming modules end I'm ready to buy the Alpha app but not sure how I will get power to the scanner to do this. Thanks in advance for any help I need it I am at a dead end

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts
Do you have a second fob? If you are able to turn the key, you should be able to get to the ON position where the cluster lights up and that should send power to the DLC. If your problem is the RFHM, it may take a dealer to program a new replacement.

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts
Without touching the brake, push the start button until you see the cluster light up. I believe once is the Accessory position and twice is ON.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am somewhat mechanically inclined to replace Motors in days before and a licensed electrician so the common sense Solutions I tried. That being said thank you very much. When pushing the start button it gives me the key fob not detected

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts
I think you need to figure out what blew the 70 amp fuse. The starting system is complicated. If the problem is the RFHM, a dealer has to replace it to program it.

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts
According to the FSM, a temporary 12 hour PIN must be obtained from FCA that only a dealer can get. There is a PIN that alfaOBD can get, but it might not be what is needed. If you check other FCA forums, you might find out more. I know this has been discussed on the Ram forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there any way you can send me the drawing of the rest of the circuit coming off that 70 amp fuse? It looks like it is continued elsewhere from the drawing you see it previously

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts
That is the starting schematic. Not sure why that arrow is there, there is no more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So after further investigation discovery amp fuse was not blown. So I am back to searching 4 issue with key fob not detected. If I could just get power to OBD then that would help tremendously

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts
Have you searched the Ram and Jeep forums? Others may have a solution.
When I was looking to purchase a Dart, I intentionally avoided push button start. When it works, sure is nice, but I'm not a fan of too much electronics. You may want to get yourself a 2nd fob once you figure this out. As much as I hate to say it, this may take a dealer visit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having an issue with my Dodge Dart 2013 2.0 days later. My issue is when I try to start it is giving me key fob not detected message. My question is how would I hook up and get power to my OBD 2 scanner 2 troubleshoot\program. I have read several threads on reprogramming modules end I'm ready to buy the Alpha app but not sure how I will get power to the scanner to do this. Thanks in advance for any help I need it I am at a dead end
I'm not trying to be funny or insulting but have you changed the battery in the fob? I had the same problem with my 2014 Dart Limited and changing the fob battery solved the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what initiated the issue. The fob works as far as opening or unlocking the doors and locking them as well as the trunk operational. But thank you 4 the help. I wish that would fix it have a good day and God bless

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts
The fob battery only controls the doors, trunk, and remote start if equipped. The part of the fob that is read by the ignition node and RFHM is a transponder and requires no battery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts