Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halo, my husband has a dodge dart. Today he went to start the car and when he placed the car in the ignition it says "key fob damaged." He tried to replace the battery and it still wouldn't work. Hes never washed it or anything. It still works to unlock and lock the car but not the ignition. He is now stuck 30 minutes from home and the dealer we bought it from is saying we have to tow it to them to fix it. I'm wondering if there is a way we can fix it ourselves or figure something cheaper out.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Do you have a 2nd key fob? If not, the dealer or a locksmith should be able to make a key that works. A locksmith should be able to do it for less than a dealer. That said, it isn't so easy if you don't have a 2nd key and a locksmith may tell you that only a dealer can do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted a local lock Smith and they said they could reprogram it. I don't have a second key or we wouldn't have this issue as I would just wait until the dealer could make a new one. Could we go to any dodge dealer? It is under warranty where we bought it but it is a Nissan dealership. We bought it used.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Any Dodge dealer should be able to do it. Not sure about warranty on a used Dart.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Why are you replying to an old thread? Look up alfaOBD and do it yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts