Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fob (no keyless entry) can survive a trip through the washing maxhine lol.
Accidentally ran it through today and tried it while it was still wet. All functions worked! Still put it in rice for the night, I was pretty shocked that everything worked after the fact!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'll believe you...Im gonna do my best to try not to test this!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I found out that the car knows if the keys are in or out of the car, as I tried to lock it with the button on the outside and the keys sitting in my cup holder, and it wouldn't lock.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I found out that the car knows if the keys are in or out of the car, as I tried to lock it with the button on the outside and the keys sitting in my cup holder, and it wouldn't lock.
I need that...badly.
I'll have to give it a try.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have the fob with keyless entry as well and be careful because one of the dealership people told me it is around $250-$300 to replace :serious: at least they give you a spare but still haha Mine is equipped with remote start too, so I don't know if that adds to the cost.

Glad yours still works!

·
Registered
635 Posts
this only works with keyless enter'n go equipped vehicles. those vehicles have FOB locating antennas. after the third try, it will allow you to lock it.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I have the fob with keyless entry as well and be careful because one of the dealership people told me it is around $250-$300 to replace :serious: at least they give you a spare but still haha Mine is equipped with remote start too, so I don't know if that adds to the cost.

Glad yours still works!
You can get keys on ebay for less, but they have to be new. The dealer will still have to program them though.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
I went wakeboarding with my Dodge Challenger fob in my pocket, and the functions still work, but the battery will burn out in about 3 weeks. I took it to the dealership for warranty replacement, and they refused to replace it (even though corrosion was visible inside the unit) and simply plopped in a new battery and told me it was fine.

After that, I made a copy of the metal key, using a standard Chrysler style key blank, and I keep it in the boat, and just lock the fob in the car when I go out on the water.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
this only works with keyless enter'n go equipped vehicles. those vehicles have FOB locating antennas. after the third try, it will allow you to lock it.
It dawned on me after the second try......wonder what the reasoning is that allows it after 3 tries?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It dawned on me after the second try......wonder what the reasoning is that allows it after 3 tries?
Cuz you're the boss so you must 'know better'...

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Do the Darts without the keyless enter 'n go still have the lock button on the outside?
Nope.

After that, I made a copy of the metal key, using a standard Chrysler style key blank, and I keep it in the boat, and just lock the fob in the car when I go out on the water.
DeyemeRacing; I tried that and was rudely greeted with a car that thought I was breaking into it when I unlocked the door with my key.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts