Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched Zep's YouTube video and decided to unstuck the 4 door speakers by myself (first time). It sounds much better than factory and the install went good but I have yet to install my 4 channel amp and plan on running 1 channel to each speaker. My question is will i have to run speaker wire from amp to all speakers through the doors or can I splice into the head unit and power them from there. In not installing a sub btw.... Thanks to anyone who replies

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I can't answer your question about the amp, but hows the bass now?

I have 4 Kicker DS693's sitting in front of me right now, I'm wait on the mail to run right now because the Metra harness adapters should be in today.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't answer your question about the amp, but hows the bass now?

I have 4 Kicker DS693's sitting in front of me right now, I'm wait on the mail to run right now because the Metra harness adapters should be in today.

The bass is much better than stock speakers and certain songs it sounds really good but I've heard with an amp it takes it to a whole other level. They are easy to install and well worth it imo. You're not gonna get bass like a sub obviously but it's a huge step up.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My question is will i have to run speaker wire from amp to all speakers through the doors or can I splice into the head unit and power them from there. In not installing a sub btw.... Thanks to anyone who replies
Installing the 4ch amp can be cake. What amp are you using? Does it have high level inputs? If so, you can cut the speaker wires behind the head unit, and splice down to the amp for input, then bring your output wires back up to the head unit where you cut, and splice the output wires back in.

If your amp has no high level input ( and the preferred method ) is to use a high low converter, from the same cut harness to the H/L converter, to the amp with RCA cables, then speaker wire back to the harness where you cut.

Or, you can run all new wires to the speakers...something I plan on doing to my Dart...If you run new wires, you don't need to cut your speaker wires in your harness, and only have to splice into them.

j

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think instead of installing amp and running speaker wireto all 4 door speakers I'm jus gonna install a new head unit (kenwood x598) and run 2 -12" subs off my amp and leave door speakers running off head unit. I got lucky and found out my neighbor (Johnson Custom Designs) installs systems for competitions (or so he says) and has some subs ima buy for decent price off of him but anyway how much rms does the factory head unit give off continious? And can I find a dash plate after aftermarket install now? I read a while back they weren't making them yet

·
Registered
320 Posts
Factory will be about 15-18 RMS. That's just a few watts less than an aftermarket HU. Dash kits ant harnesses are available for the Dart.

j

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Factory will be about 15-18 RMS. That's just a few watts less than an aftermarket HU. Dash kits ant harnesses are available for the Dart.

j
I was going to guess 15W as well. I did install my 693s a couple of weeks ago. I got the front buckets trimmed up enough to make the speakers sit down flush as well. I'm now chasing down rattles that all of the extra bass brings out, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts