Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got my EC Tuner in the mail today.

I am trying to get it to upload my stock file so EC can create my tunes.

The problems I am running through is that I leave it with ignition on and 3/4 into the reading of the ECU my car shuts off.. making me have to do the whole reading agian.. ive tried 3 times and It happens each and every time.

Can someone help me out on how to get it to read the ecu efficiently so It can move to the stage of copying the stock file?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just got my EC tuner as well, and it looks like we are Mopar Edition (061/500) bro's! I read mine while the car was running, just left the keys in the passenger seat and checked on it throughout the hour. EC tuning did not indicate thisn was wrong, just dont go driving the car while its reading. It recommends having your car hooked to a charging source for it, so i just went with alternator power. Since motor has to be off to flash I will be using jumper cables running to my wifes car to flash, which I'm doing in the morning

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please let my know if your successful with doing it via jumper cables .. i might have to try

·
Registered
7 Posts
So we have massive storms here and I don't have a garage, so I couldn't flash today but I was able to pull my stock tune while running the car. Ran the car the whole time for the pull. It took time, but according to the directions, the Turn dash in part is actually ignition on

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you get the ignition to stay on without the car shutting off? I keep the ignition on position but not Running ... you ran the car and ended up getting the stock tune loaded on the unit??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I ran the car while pulling the stock tune. It is just pulling a base map, it's not datalogging so it won't hurt anything

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just flashed phase 1 today. Did my spark plugs which were awful, then flashed my tune. I risked it as I was at the station today, so no external power source, just turned the car to run without starting and ran the flash. Took about 30 minutes, and it went well. Took the tune easy and it made a massive difference. I was able to romp in the pedal and get hug straightline burst with no major MPG drops. Worked out really well, I'm enjoying it. Waiting to install my EC IC pipes before flashing 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
ECUs are sometimes extremely finnicky about voltages. I come from BMW land, where the same ECU (Bosch MS43) one year will read and flash just on the battery, one year will as well unless you open a door, and other years require a constant voltage power supply attached to the battery to do anything.
Reading the ECU while its running is usually okay - IF you know your equipment. The MyGenius box EuroCompulsion uses is a black box, you don’t know how it’s trying to read the ECU. So use caution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just flashed phase 1 today. Did my spark plugs which were awful, then flashed my tune. I risked it as I was at the station today, so no external power source, just turned the car to run without starting and ran the flash. Took about 30 minutes, and it went well. Took the tune easy and it made a massive difference. I was able to romp in the pedal and get hug straightline burst with no major MPG drops. Worked out really well, I'm enjoying it. Waiting to install my EC IC pipes before flashing 2
how do you like the tune I bought a race chip and literally just upped my boost and injectors. that's pretty much all I can see that it does besides disabling the stock 120 I cust bought my EC pipes. can anyone find headers? and have any recommendations for what I should upgrade on the old 1.4 next

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
how do you like the tune I bought a race chip and literally just upped my boost and injectors. that's pretty much all I can see that it does besides disabling the stock 120 I cust bought my EC pipes. can anyone find headers? and have any recommendations for what I should upgrade on the old 1.4 next
I think the only header for the 1.4 were custom made. I don't think a vendor creates one. Maybe for the abarth, but I don't think it will route the same way as the Dart's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts