Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I've come across this forum a few times in random searches I've been doing related to the Dart, so I figured I would sign up and get to know the community and learn more about the car as I consider my next purchase.

I currently drive a 1989 Jeep Cherokee as my DD, and have a 1999 Cougar as my weekend toy (although it requires pretty extensive work before it's road-worthy again). My Jeep has been great to me for over 3 years, and is pushing up on 197,000 miles, but the gas mileage just sucks (16mpg) and it's tired and needs a lot of work to be a comfortable DD. I finally have worked my way into a well-paying job, and finally will have the financial ability to buy a new(er) car next spring. I'm honestly a Ford fan through and through, and was fairly confident a Focus/Fiesta would be my next vehicle. Until I saw the Dart.

The new Dart just looks absolutely amazing, and is the perfect size for what I'm looking for. I decided to go to a dealership today for kicks and giggles and take a look at one up close and personal. They had a 1.4L Turbo Rallye sitting out front, and the salesman was more than open and informative even though he knew up front I was not purchasing today. Much better treatment than the Ford salesman was to me when I went to look at a Focus. I looked it over from top to bottom, and really, really like this thing.

I'm sure I will get more info as I browse around the forum, but the one thing that I'm still trying to figure out is how I want to option this thing. I want the 1.4L Turbo with the 6-speed manual and front fascia of the Rallye, but I want the electronic dash and HID's from the Limited. Anyone know if it's possible to make these options work together? Thanks for the forum, the layout looks nice, and I can't wait to get more involved and get more info, and hopefully get one in my driveway next spring!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Welcome! The RT has the neat extra screen and the sporty look but more expensive and no 1.4. There are some guys swapping and or painting their parts on limited's to look like Rallyes and it doesn't seem to be overly difficult, just a little more time and some cash to get the look you want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one thing that I'm not too familiar about is the dual-clutch gearbox. I know of the Volkswagen DSG and Ford's similar transmission, but how is the Dodge version? I very much enjoy shifting on my own, but if the dual-clutch transmission is a good one and nice and sporty, I might be swayed that way and of course be able to get the remote start, which I can't get with the 6-speed manual.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome to the community. I know how you feel about the Rallye look, but wanting stuff on the Limited. When it came down to it I ended up ordering a Limited. Everything I've read so far about the DDCT has been excellent. I really don't know to much first hand since the only I'll own an automatic is if I have to, but all the reviews are saying it's an excellent auto. There are others on here that have one and can probably give you better advice on it. Also some good info for this car you can go to Allpar covers Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, Jeep, and related Fiat, Alfa, and Lancia cars, minivans, and trucks or 2013 Dodge Dart: the hot compact car

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Welcome to the forums Sonic. Glad you finally decided to join us. The biggest draw of this car is also it's biggest problem....so many options :big smile: You have time on your hands so you can really settle into what exactly you want when it comes time to order. I'm still tossing around ideas on what I'm going to do with mine. Anyway, enjoy the forums!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts