Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
That's a nice looking setup. How does it sound?
Sounds good to me, I have the the gain turned down a good bit to prevent alot of the rattling of the rear deck, but still the bass can be enough to still shake the crap out of the rearview mirror and let you feel it in the seats without the whole ghetto bass car panel rattle.

yeah.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder if anyone has put any of the shallow jbl gto speakers in their dart... I'm trying to find a good speaker that won't require modifications to fit

·
Registered
674 Posts
Anybody know how to remove the front door covers without breaking anything?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Anybody know how to remove the front door covers without breaking anything?
The door panels are really really hard to get off the first time you take them off. Best option would be if you had a panel tool, but a long one preferably one made of metal. I had a short plastic one and the clips were so tight that the panel tool would bend. Basically just take the cover off behind the door handle, remove 1 screw and 1 bolt. Remove the rubber peice inside the door pull below the window switch, another screw. Then pop out the window switch bezel its only held in by clips. Pull out the little plastic trinagle plastic in the corner of the door panel. Then ones you get a corner of the door panel free just pull it pretty hard to pop the clips. Some may stay in the door but shouldnt break the panel, just remove those and place them back on the door panel. Then once you got the door panel off the door, pull the door handle and you should be able to push it off the door panel. Disconnect the wire for the fuel button, and then disconnect the harness from the window switch.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks brotha! Big help just wanted to make sure i was doing it right
The door panels are really really hard to get off the first time you take them off. Best option would be if you had a panel tool, but a long one preferably one made of metal. I had a short plastic one and the clips were so tight that the panel tool would bend. Basically just take the cover off behind the door handle, remove 1 screw and 1 bolt. Remove the rubber peice inside the door pull below the window switch, another screw. Then pop out the window switch bezel its only held in by clips. Pull out the little plastic trinagle plastic in the corner of the door panel. Then ones you get a corner of the door panel free just pull it pretty hard to pop the clips. Some may stay in the door but shouldnt break the panel, just remove those and place them back on the door panel. Then once you got the door panel off the door, pull the door handle and you should be able to push it off the door panel. Disconnect the wire for the fuel button, and then disconnect the harness from the window switch.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
How does that sub perform without a box? I wish I could get a demo.

j
The sub is designed to also work as a free air sub which is important when finding a sub to put there. I actually have the gain on the amp down pretty good, maybe only up 1/4 of the way, but on certain songs with certain bass tones its enough to feel the rumble in the seats and shake all the mirrors on the car.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts