Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure it's cursed. Yes, it is a car with well over 100k miles, however I didn't expect to have this many problems since I bought the car. That dealer must've had a deal w/ mopar to make me buy this much stuff.
The passenger side sun visor was missing when I got it, but honestly, that's the least of my worries.
The brakes were really bad when I got it too. When I changed the pads out, I found out the dealer never changed the rear pads like they said they would. Also the rear emergency brake was never adjusted. I found this out the hard way because I went to park on my hill, and the car started rolling down, causing me to have to fly into my car and try to slam on the brakes to stop it from rear ending another car.
The first day I had the car, it got a flat
I had to eventually just replace all 4 tires because it didn't run right
Oh did I forget to mention, the 2 rear tires had no sensors?
On day 6, the engine was misfiring, and it was literally terrifying to drive.
On day 8, the cruise control buttons all died. I no longer have cruise control.
On week 3, the 2 rear sensors that I just bought died. I never really cared enough to replace them because I don't have the money or time
After 2 more months, the CEL came on. I never got a code and it went away after a while
3 more months the CEL came back on, and stayed on. I got a reading and found out that it was an "underboost condition"
Last week I put it in the ODB2 scanner and found out the front grill actuator wasn't working either.

I honestly have no idea how much this is to get fixed. I was forced into getting rid of my 06 impreza by my father (he owns the cars, as I'm only 18 and he pays the insurance, while I pay for the cars), and I had to buy something else. I didn't want to settle for an automatic, so I went and bought this. In hindsight, I should've pushed him to fix the impreza. At least I would've had AWD and the cruise control work.

That being said though, when it wants to work, the Dart is a fun car. People always think it looks nice, people always compliment it. It's a zippy little thing that I'd love to modify, and push the limits of. But it seems obvious to me that the stock set-up alone seems to push its own limits.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
It's a used car, what did you expect? You don't have to go to the dealer especially if you find that particular dealer rips you off. Any CEL will disable the cruise. If the CEL is on there is a stored code if you have a good scanner. Any turbo engine is more prone to problems. Any car can get a flat. They do still make tire pressure gauges so you don't really need to rely on the TPMS. The TPMS light can be disabled with the alfaOBD android app. Google that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
TPMS was a nice idea, but in the real world it's nothing but a pain in the butt. We had some issues with our Dart after buying it, but once we got them taken care of it's been a great car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well guys, I've finally fixed some of the problems with my dart, and I actually honestly am beginning to like it. Granted it's not the same as what I used to own, and it's a completely different beast entirely, but that's not to say it's bad. I've even put in a CAI in it, which makes the turbo whistle and flutter more. Maybe this car isn't as bad as I initially thought, and maybe I should've given it much more of a chance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts