Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys/gals, I think its time to move on from the Dart platform. I haven't driven it in I don't know how many months. At this point the car is going on 8 years old and I dont want to deal with the issues it has anymore. It still needs the engine neutralization procedure and Im not doing it in the Michigan cold and most mechanics I talked to have no idea what I am talking about. It also needs a new negative ground cable to fix the misfiring. On top of that it also needs new tires and brakes and I dont feel like dumping that much money into it anymore. Last but not least the leaky spark plug tubes. I started the car yesterday to charge the battery and it was stumbling for a good minute.

Carvana offered me $7,200 so I think I am going to sell it to them. I'm looking at getting a Toyota Tacoma if I can find one around here. Most dealerships have zero inventory on hand.

It's been a good run though. I've had alot of fun with this Dart and Im a bit sad to move on but I know it's only gonna have more problems in the future. Even my wife's Ram 1500 is starting to give us issues after 2 years of ownership. The same issues on the touchscreen blanking out as with my Dart.

·
Administrator
5,337 Posts
Sorry to hear this Steve. The 1.4 Dart gives way too many negative experiences. I blame Fiat for that. Please drop by once in a while.

Reactions: Killraven

·
Registered
121 Posts
Probably a good decision. I just sold mine to Carvana for 11.3k since the market is so jacked up right now like housing. The offer from them last year was only around 7k. Just mark down everything is great condition. They didn't even look at my car just had me sign the paperwork and a tow truck picked it up a few hours later. Took most of my aftermarket parts off so I'll be selling those soon also.

Reactions: Killraven

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
123 Posts
Im still looking for a good pulley and other mods ive not done yet. Anyone???? What ya got?

I was just commenting to my wife last night that carvana is min. 20% higher then everyone else on there current dart prices, ive found a couple nice ones id like to buy then look and its carvana at 18 to 21k but a good deal for some sellers.

I love my lil dart but for me its an extra toy in the toy box and I dont think I could DD one. We finially got salt and mag on the local roads so mines up till spring and I had a great drive in the old 150k mike neon today getting some stuff done. Still feel the neons are a better quality car with a much easier feel to drive however maybe if I had one with the std suspension and tire/rim combo it would be better but heck the neon is more comfortable to sit in and drive for me.

Id still buy the dart I described in the wanted section and am collecting the parts needed to keep the one ive got for a long while.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would sell but to replace it would cost me more than the next car is worth. going to keep this one for a few. outside of its needed servicing, it seems ok. just a turd with the 2.0 but gets excellent MPG. we paid 11K for it in 17 and carvana offered me almost that, and it has 115K, had 33k when we got it.
same with my truck, paid 42K for it new and they offered me 39K and it has 34K miles. its insane..

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably a good decision. I just sold mine to Carvana for 11.3k since the market is so jacked up right now like housing. The offer from them last year was only around 7k. Just mark down everything is great condition. They didn't even look at my car just had me sign the paperwork and a tow truck picked it up a few hours later. Took most of my aftermarket parts off so I'll be selling those soon also.
The market is insane right now. They offered me 5k just one month ago. I also heard they just show up and take it without driving it. I would assume they are just selling them at auction afterwords and the next buyer has to deal with any issues.

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
292 Posts
I know what you mean. I took a look at Carvana, Carmax, and Vroom pricing a couple of months ago and it was very tempting. I've driven my Dart maybe 3 times in the last year.

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
Well guys/gals, I think its time to move on from the Dart platform. I haven't driven it in I don't know how many months. At this point the car is going on 8 years old and I dont want to deal with the issues it has anymore. It still needs the engine neutralization procedure and Im not doing it in the Michigan cold and most mechanics I talked to have no idea what I am talking about. It also needs a new negative ground cable to fix the misfiring. On top of that it also needs new tires and brakes and I dont feel like dumping that much money into it anymore. Last but not least the leaky spark plug tubes. I started the car yesterday to charge the battery and it was stumbling for a good minute.

Carvana offered me $7,200 so I think I am going to sell it to them. I'm looking at getting a Toyota Tacoma if I can find one around here. Most dealerships have zero inventory on hand.

It's been a good run though. I've had alot of fun with this Dart and Im a bit sad to move on but I know it's only gonna have more problems in the future. Even my wife's Ram 1500 is starting to give us issues after 2 years of ownership. The same issues on the touchscreen blanking out as with my Dart.
Talk about coincidence ! I was just thinking about you before I decided to get back on the forum here, and you post this one day ago? Where is Rod Serling ? I know he’s here somewhere ….. quantum realm? Lol ……. I scare myself sometimes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
The market is insane right now. They offered me 5k just one month ago. I also heard they just show up and take it without driving it. I would assume they are just selling them at auction afterwords and the next buyer has to deal with any issues.
They showed up and didn't drive mine, didn't even look for scratches really. Mine was on the site 2 weeks later and already pending sale for 17k. I bought it in 2017 for 13k!

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
They showed up and didn't drive mine, didn't even look for scratches really. Mine was on the site 2 weeks later and already pending sale for 17k. I bought it in 2017 for 13k!
It amazes me that these places like Carmax, Carvana, etc, are listing prices (non negotiable the way I understand) way higher than regular dealerships ! I get the ingrained distrust of car dealers who sell New and Used vehicles. But why would I trust an online entity to deliver essentially the same used product to me at a relative high price? When the tv ads started a few years back for these places , I assumed that the offerings would be a bargain based on high volume sales ….. like a Walmart for buying cars. Guess I was wrong. Just another, ever changing, mouse trap.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put a deposit down on a Toyota Tacoma this past Saturday. They are building the truck at the end of January and is scheduled to be delivered in mid February. I'm pretty excited since I've wanted this truck for a while now. Payment will be right around what I was paying for the Dart.

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
Very cool ! I too believe I would go Toyota if I was in the market. Across their lineup, they have the best long term reliabilities . I still read and obsess over vehicles as a lifelong hobby.
Let us know when you get…. With pics!
Still waiting for a lottery hit (through four generations of Corvette lol) ….. but my Toyota fantasy is with the Lexus badge on it …. LC500 . Boo-yea!!!

·
Administrator
5,337 Posts
Ugly, imho. Cop magnet. Screams look at me because I'm so insecure that I somehow think this will impress everyone.

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
I put a deposit down on a Toyota Tacoma this past Saturday. They are building the truck at the end of January and is scheduled to be delivered in mid February. I'm pretty excited since I've wanted this truck for a while now. Payment will be right around what I was paying for the Dart.
Hey bud, you didn’t go with the new Lime color did you ?😁😇

1 - 20 of 23 Posts