Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0L Dodge Dart SE 6 Spd Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased these Spyder Headlights with the DRL bar outlining the inner edges of the headlight assembly. Beautiful looking lights. Installation was simple with the only tedious process being the removal of the front bumper with its numerous push clips holding it in place. Connections were plug and play. Was searching through the forum to see if anyone else had these installed on their Dart.
Automotive design Vehicle Land vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Night Automotive lighting Darkness Commercial vehicle Bumper

There is a small issue I'm having. Some reason they did away with 9012 bulbs for the Hi/Low beam lights. These assemblies come with H9 bulbs pre-installed which from my understanding, they're not dual beam. Flashing my lights and high beam are no longer an option for me. The 9012 bulbs will not fit the aftermarket housing. The 3 locking tabs are too big. Was wondering if there is a dual beam bulb that'll work with these assemblies.

·
Administrator
5,314 Posts
There is only one filament in the oem standard bulb. The original headlight assembly has a motor that moves a shutter out of the way for high beam. Your headlight assembly may not have the shutter mechanism.

Reactions: 57ChryslerDart

·
Registered
2014 2.0L Dodge Dart SE 6 Spd Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is only one filament in the oem standard bulb. The original headlight assembly has a motor that moves a shutter out of the way for high beam. Your headlight assembly may not have the shutter mechanism.
Oh really? Wow thanks I didn’t know that. Quite a bummer but oh well. I guess the good thing is the current bulb is quite bright and I can see down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently purchased these Spyder Headlights with the DRL bar outlining the inner edges of the headlight assembly. Beautiful looking lights. Installation was simple with the only tedious process being the removal of the front bumper with its numerous push clips holding it in place. Connections were plug and play. Was searching through the forum to see if anyone else had these installed on their Dart.
View attachment 126878 View attachment 126879
There is a small issue I'm having. Some reason they did away with 9012 bulbs for the Hi/Low beam lights. These assemblies come with H9 bulbs pre-installed which from my understanding, they're not dual beam. Flashing my lights and high beam are no longer an option for me. The 9012 bulbs will not fit the aftermarket housing. The 3 locking tabs are too big. Was wondering if there is a dual beam bulb that'll work with these assemblies.
Headlights look great! I just purchased the same but from pro tuning lab. However, it also comes with the H9 bulb. Does it throw an error code that the high beam headlight is out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts