Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Dart SXT Rallye and it is bluetooth compatible. I have no problem PAIRING my phone, which is an Android Samsung Galaxy S3, to the Uconnect via bluetooth. The problem lies in that even though the phone and Uconnect have paired/made a viable bluetooth connection, the music will not play.

The phone’s model shows on the touchscreen of the car and has the pause/play/skip track buttons able to be pressed. The skip track buttons on the car’s touchscreen actually change the track on the phone. As do the phone’s buttons themselves. The phone has the bluetooth symbol showing that it is indeed connected to Uconnect, the track is playing on the phone, and yet there IS NO SOUND.

Connecting/pairing are not my problem, getting the damn music to play is. You can see my frustration in that everything has been connected properly, but the audio does not stream or output to the car’s speakers.

I know this shouldn’t be problem, because the phone commands work FINE via bluetooth, and I am able to access in the touchscreen the phone’s phonebook data. And a FEW times before, the music streaming has produced sound, but I’ve only been able to do it a few times. I’ve repeated the process I used to make it work, but it is inconsistent.

What am I missing between when phone is accepts the Uconnect connection, and where the music outputs in sound through the speakers? The phone actively shows the track playing second by second, but there is NO SOUND.

Please, do not insult me by responding in any of the following ways because I assure you I’ve tried everything:
-Did you try resetting the phone and car?
-Are you sure the bluetooth is turned on?
-Are you sure the volumes are up on the car and phone?
-Maybe you should try adjusting the bluetooth settings in your phone.
-Maybe you should try adjusting the bluetooth settings in the car.
-Did you read the manual?
-Try changing the output method on your phone.
-Try connecting in these steps differently instead.
And for the love of God, don’t say “Go to the dealer, sounds like a hardware issue or update configuration” because literally the whole point of us being on this forum is to not just “go to the dealer.”

What is the “in between” I’m missing here to where I can hear the MP3 files from my phone, which I have no problem pairing in bluetooth, to stream through Uconnect, that output through the car’s speakers?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can certainly understand your frustration, and we strive to help folks out here, but some things can't be fixed by quick "try this" approaches because something is actually broken and needs to be replaced.

The only thing I haven't seen in your list of things to try is to see if it works with a different phone. That would have been one of the first things I would have attempted.

If it works with another phone, your original phone has a problem. If it doesn't work with another phone, take it to a dealership and have the broken part replaced. Or, if you don't want to go to the dealership, start buying parts and swap them yourself - but it will be an expensive journey...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had something similar, when u are on the page where u can select phone or music player, click paired phones and select your phone. I was clicking on "Cody's iPhone" but I was under the music player tab and not phones. Hope that makes sense

'14 Dart GT 2.4L Auto

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had something similar, when u are on the page where u can select phone or music player, click paired phones and select your phone. I was clicking on "Cody's iPhone" but I was under the music player tab and not phones. Hope that makes sense

'14 Dart GT 2.4L Auto
ISSUE SOLVED :D

Wow, I can't thank you enough. You were correct and I understand exactly what you were saying. It appears that even though the Bluetooth has established the connection, and the music is playing on the phone, (but no sound) you still have to "tell" the phone to output the sound through the Bluetooth stream. (As opposed to it just playing the "background" where you can't hear any sound.)

Selecting the PHONE tab and not the music player, automatically tells the phone/switches over the have the sound transmit through the Bluetooth connection. I've tested this method multiple times and it has worked each time.

Method confirmed, issue solved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ISSUE SOLVED :D Wow, I can't thank you enough. You were correct and I understand exactly what you were saying. It appears that even though the Bluetooth has established the connection, and the music is playing on the phone, (but no sound) you still have to "tell" the phone to output the sound through the Bluetooth stream. (As opposed to it just playing the "background" where you can't hear any sound.) Selecting the PHONE tab and not the music player, automatically tells the phone/switches over the have the sound transmit through the Bluetooth connection. I've tested this method multiple times and it has worked each time. Method confirmed, issue solved.
Sweet glad it worked for ya!

'14 Dart GT 2.4L Auto

·
Registered
1 Posts
ISSUE SOLVED :D

Wow, I can't thank you enough. You were correct and I understand exactly what you were saying. It appears that even though the Bluetooth has established the connection, and the music is playing on the phone, (but no sound) you still have to "tell" the phone to output the sound through the Bluetooth stream. (As opposed to it just playing the "background" where you can't hear any sound.)

Selecting the PHONE tab and not the music player, automatically tells the phone/switches over the have the sound transmit through the Bluetooth connection. I've tested this method multiple times and it has worked each time.

Method confirmed, issue solved.
Thank you so much this solved my problem 😁

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has been doing the same for like 5 years! Even the dealership told me to reset the car by unplugging the battery. 🙄 Is this screen you are referring to on your phone or in the car? Is it only accessible when you are not driving?

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
Mine has been doing the same for like 5 years! Even the dealership told me to reset the car by unplugging the battery. 🙄 Is this screen you are referring to on your phone or in the car? Is it only accessible when you are not driving?
I think what they were referring to is on the phone. I know my phone (newer) has options to tell where to send the audio. Like lets say I am connected to BT in the car, but I want to hear something via my speakers on the phone. You are able to change the output. Every phone is different, but check the phone.

However it sounds like the OP had it playing, and switched to the PHONE tab on the car and that automatically set the phone to output the music to the car. At least that is what i go from it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I will have to look into this on mine! I play music fine, but my waze app won't play over the speakers? Probably same issue?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts