Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dart Limited, 2.4L, Auto Trans, Pitch Black
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can connect my iPhone to the USB port in the console and it will charge, but I cant play music or listen to podcasts!
I press "play" on my phone and it stops and goes right back to the "pause" symbol on the phone.
I can keep pressing play, but it keeps stopping instantly.
Anyone else experienced this?

I can get my iPhone to hook up via Bluetooth (with some effort) and the music plays fine, but no dice with the USB connection (which you'd think would be a more simple connection!).
Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Dart Limited, 2.4L, Auto Trans, Pitch Black
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine does indeed make a good connection, so that’s not the problem.
What I found out is that if I leave it plugged in for a really long time (like 20-30 minutes) it actually started working!

From what I can tell it looks like the Uconnect system takes all that time to “catalog” all the items on your phone (why I have no idea) and ONLY once it completes the cataloging is when it allows you to play music/podcasts.

The problem with that is, the next time you plug the USB cord in your phone it has to start the cataloging process all over again! Ugh!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine does indeed make a good connection, so that’s not the problem.
What I found out is that if I leave it plugged in for a really long time (like 20-30 minutes) it actually started working!

From what I can tell it looks like the Uconnect system takes all that time to “catalog” all the items on your phone (why I have no idea) and ONLY once it completes the cataloging is when it allows you to play music/podcasts.

The problem with that is, the next time you plug the USB cord in your phone it has to start the cataloging process all over again! Ugh!

Ahh ok, I don't use the uconnect system. I've purchased an aftermarket and although it does take a few seconds to start up its nothing like what your talking about. Although I was told that to speed it up i could change the USB to a high speed but I think I an deal with 30-40 seconds of waiting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts