Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I upgraded to the iphone 11 and since then uConnect NOT working 50% of the time. Every time I get into the car I wait 5 seconds to see if I'm going to be able to enjoy bluetooth connection..... Frustrating!!! I updated my uConnect system and still only about 50% connectivity. Any help or ideas..... please let me know. Honestly.. I'm a little worried about the future of my Dart. I really wanted this car to last me a good 10 years. Bought new and just paid off and recently had to replace clutch, slave cylinder and more. Pls advise, thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Had the same problem, current ios update fixed it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
So I upgraded to the iphone 11 and since then uConnect NOT working 50% of the time. Every time I get into the car I wait 5 seconds to see if I'm going to be able to enjoy bluetooth connection..... Frustrating!!! I updated my uConnect system and still only about 50% connectivity. Any help or ideas..... please let me know. Honestly.. I'm a little worried about the future of my Dart. I really wanted this car to last me a good 10 years. Bought new and just paid off and recently had to replace clutch, slave cylinder and more. Pls advise, thanks
the uconnect system was already outdated when the dart came out, I had difficulty with my iphone 5 at first so I'm not really surprised

·
Registered
4 Posts
My son has a 2013 Dodge Dart and the Bluetooth worked fine with the iPhone XS but he's had problems with the iPhone 11 Pro since day one.

We even replaced the iPhone with a different one and the problems still persist.

He's running iOS 13.3 (latest non beta).

Sometimes the iPhone and car won't even “see” each other as available Bluetooth devices.

Any recommendations on what to do? I take it there’s no Bluetooth update for the Dart or anything like that.

·
Super Moderator
3,798 Posts
Darts seem to have a problem with iOS. Any possibility you could try an android phone?

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
We're an iPhone family, for better or worse.

I don't understand why the 11 is causing problems when the 10 never did.
The Uconnect in the Dart has been pretty inconsistent with iPhones from the beginning. Some models and versions of iOS barely function at all with the Dart. Uconnect lays the blame directly on Apple, and Apple has never cared one way or the other about issues or bugs, much less incompatibility with a third-party bluetooth system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought the ‘new’ phone was not recognized. From what I’ve read peeps have problems when they get a new phone!!

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
I thought the ‘new’ phone was not recognized. From what I’ve read peeps have problems when they get a new phone!!
It's almost always iPhones that have problems with the Uconnect 8.4 RE2/RB5. Android devices have far fewer issues. Apple isn't really all that keen on industry-wide standards. They do support Bluetooth, but they don't really care that much if it doesn't work with some third-party accessories. Especially an infotainment system that was already at the end of its life-cycle when the Dart went into production.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We brought it to the dealership today and they tried to update the radio software, but apparently it wouldn't take the update because it was too old.

At this point I'm wondering if it's worth looking for an after-market radio that could replace the "head" unit of the 2013 Dodge Dart. Anyone know anything about that?

·
Super Moderator
4,816 Posts
We brought it to the dealership today and they tried to update the radio software, but apparently it wouldn't take the update because it was too old.

At this point I'm wondering if it's worth looking for an after-market radio that could replace the "head" unit of the 2013 Dodge Dart. Anyone know anything about that?
That's some BS. If there is a software update for it, it's never "too old" to take the update that is made for it. I mean if there are new updates for the newer models, then yeah you can't just upgrade it to an 8.4A which is the new Uconnects. That cannot be done, but you can even do updates yourself. Go to Uconnects website and you should be able to find your car, radio and update list there along with how to do it.

In terms of aftermarket, yes there are kits. I've read that even though we have a "double din" style screen, the back of the screen actually only supports a single din because of a support bracket or something. I believe you need to cut this in order to use an aftermarket screen. But you can go on crutchfield and they should show you all the options available along with their master sheet on how to install them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do the aftermarket kits support things like the climate controls (heat/AC, heated steering wheel, seat, etc) and navigation, etc? The guy at the dealership made it sound like could get a radio replacement but would lose all of the other functionality which doesn't sound right, but I've never done this so I wondered if maybe he knew something I didn't.

·
Super Moderator
4,816 Posts
Do the aftermarket kits support things like the climate controls (heat/AC, heated steering wheel, seat, etc) and navigation, etc? The guy at the dealership made it sound like could get a radio replacement but would lose all of the other functionality which doesn't sound right, but I've never done this so I wondered if maybe he knew something I didn't.
I don't entirely know as I am not fully aware of what the kits do. but since the Uconnect wraps everything inside the screen, I could see you loosing a lot of features. I know some kits for other cars have harnesses that allow you to keep steering wheel controls for the volume and radio and BT and such. However, stuff like the heated seats/wheel, might be lost and definitely Nav will be lost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts