Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Dart owner for about a year now and finally decided to join up here. I have a 2015 Dodge Dart GT 6 spd. Today I finished my audio install and it sounds great! Wheels are next!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was thinking about doing speakers in mine, did you just replace speakers and keep the 8.4 screen? What speakers did you go with, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Was thinking about doing speakers in mine, did you just replace speakers and keep the 8.4 screen? What speakers did you go with, etc.
I kept the 8.4 NAV screen and factory setup that is way back behind the glove box. I work in mobile audio and cannot find a valid reason to change this part of the system.

I have Focal PS165F 6 1/2" components in the front doors, tweeters in the dash replacing the 3 1/2''.
I used JL Audio c2690tx 6x9's in the rear doors because my amp would destroy the factory speakers.
And finally I have a JL Audio 10W3v4 sub in a ported box in my trunk.
All of the speakers are powered by an AudioControl LC4800 4ch. amplifier.
Since the amp is 200w x 4ch I split the front and rear channels. I used the front channels for all four door speakers and the rear bridged for the sub. Which equates to approx. 100w x 4 and 400w bridged to the subwoofer.
The sound is extremely loud and crisp!

20161018_192301.jpg

Hope this helps.
Rhino

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
@RHINO_GT sounds like a nice system... always great to hear of a nice clean speaker/stereo system install. Just a heads up, I did move this initial thread to the "electronics" section since I believe it will help others out with your speaker/stereo system. Thanks again and welcome aboard the .org!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@RHINO_GT sounds like a nice system... always great to hear of a nice clean speaker/stereo system install. Just a heads up, I did move this initial thread to the "electronics" section since I believe it will help others out with your speaker/stereo system. Thanks again and welcome aboard the .org!
Sounds great! I will help answer questions as I can, too.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have Focal PS165 speakers front and rear in my 03 Durango. Powered by an Alpine MRX-F110 biamping them, and an Alpine KTP-445 U bridged for the rear doors. I'd like to do something with my 15GT, with the 9 speaker system. I was looking at the Hertz 3 way for the front, by9s for the rear doors, removing the rear deck speakers and factory sub, and a couple 10s for subs. I have a couple JBL MS8s and an audio control LC8, for interface. What's your opinion?

j

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have Focal PS165 speakers front and rear in my 03 Durango. Powered by an Alpine MRX-F110 biamping them, and an Alpine KTP-445 U bridged for the rear doors. I'd like to do something with my 15GT, with the 9 speaker system. I was looking at the Hertz 3 way for the front, by9s for the rear doors, removing the rear deck speakers and factory sub, and a couple 10s for subs. I have a couple JBL MS8s and an audio control LC8, for interface. What's your opinion?

j
Research the AudioControl LC 4.800. It has plenty of power to run Hertz or high end Focal 3 way component systems (165AS3). If you can purchase your speakers in 2 ohm you'll get 200w per channel x 4, or do what I did and use the front channel for front comps and rear door by9's and bridge the rear channel for 400w mono...Also, their new Epicenter 1200 amps for subs are incredible and stable to 1 ohm. You run two 2 ohm subs whatever you want easily, or one 13W7 or Kicker L7 SB. The LC 4.800 is like having and LC7i and a super powered amp all in one, just bypass your Alpine amp and go to town... I cannot apologize for being an AudioControl fanatic, It's working amazingly for me!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is there a way to bypass the Alpine amp? I have an LC7 or 8, and will be looking at amps to use with the Hertz speakers.

j

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
chlngr1970
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing