Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple weeks ago (when it was -20) my blower fan decided it wasn’t going to work properly. It came back again the next day, then on and off over the next few days, then today it shut off while driving and my check engine light came on. Eventually the fan started again, but I pulled the codes and from what I gather this is an issue with the power return for the blower short to ground and the blower fan speed control short to ground.

I have done as much research as I can, but the site I used for shop manuals is out of comission, so aside from any obvious corrosion on the contacts of the blower fan or possibly the control solenoid, what should I look for? Has anyone else experienced this problem, or have any tips on diagnosing this? Any info is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
It's very common for the blower motor and or blower resistor to fail on Darts. It's something you can replace yourself without taking off the dash. Search the site.
Those should be B codes not P codes. P codes are Powertrain codes. B codes are Body codes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can see my posts about this. I'm still troubleshooting my issue. Have you found anything yet?
The fan mostly always works now that the weather is warmer, with no check engine light. If it stops working and I smack the trim panel in the passenger footwell in the right spot, near the blower motor, it usually starts right up. So I’m going to replace the blower motor soon,

·
Registered
846 Posts
I just replaced mine a few days ago. It would stop working I would smack the blower housing under the dash and it would kick back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts